#1 mboehler OFFLINE  

mboehler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • Local time: 10:38 PM
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:54 PM

Apologies if this has been brought up before, but I'd like to request that a new media type be created for audio files (.mp3 or whatever) that are not considered music.  These could be Talk Shows, Audio books, Stand-Up Comedy, etc.

For example, I download a show called Mysterious Universe via an RSS downloader.  I would use the Podcasts plugin, but it doesn't support usernames and passwords.  Anyway, I download these into a folder that is part of collection in Media Browser.  Everything gets added correctly, except these mp3's are considered Music by Media Browser.

So now these files are displayed when I browse through my music.  I'd like to have them separated as a media type, but a better type doesn't seem to exist.

Thanks for reading!

• Beardyname and tallguy.hackett like this

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124278 posts
  • Local time: 12:38 AM

Posted 11 September 2016 - 03:51 PM

The Podcasts plugin has been updated with a new configuration screen to match the look and feel of the rest of Emby Server. I think you'll find it much more enjoyable to use and configure now. Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: audio, non-music, podcasts, audiobooks, talk show

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users