Emby for Kodi doesn't work anymore

HansWurst
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

HansWurst

Hi there since today the addon stopped working.

Kodi gives an error message, in the log file I find something about an import error "no module named requests".

Has someone an idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot!

Edited by HansWurst

Burrito78

Version 4.0.0.0 of Emby for Kodi is required for the current server version. Check if you have updated to this or newer.

hoppel118

Hi guys,

I also had problems today. Every movie I tried to play showed an error. After the update of Emby for Kodi from 4.0.0 or 4.0.1 (not sure) to 4.0.3 and a restart of Kodi everything worked as expected again.

I don’t know what happened because it already worked as expected.

I use the following versions:

• Kodi 18.0 stable

• Emby for Kodi 4.0.3 from Emby stable repo 1.0.4

• Emby Server 4.0.0.2 Docker containter

I also see an update for the Emby server to 4.0.1.0 which I didn’t install until now.

I do not have a logfile, because we wanted to watch a movie. ;)

Regards Hoppel

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I also had problems today. Every movie I tried to play showed an error. After the update of Emby for Kodi from 4.0.0 or 4.0.1 (not sure) to 4.0.3 and a restart of Kodi everything worked as expected again.

I don’t know what happened because it already worked as expected.

I use the following versions:

• Kodi 18.0 stable

• Emby for Kodi 4.0.3 from Emby stable repo 1.0.4

• Emby Server 4.0.0.2 Docker containter

I also see an update for the Emby server to 4.0.1.0 which I didn’t install until now.

I do not have a logfile, because we wanted to watch a movie. ;)

Regards Hoppel

Hi, the first thing is, if there's an error, when and where does it show? What does it say? Please provide a more detailed description. Thanks !

• Like 1

Shadowmage952

I'm seeing the same problem (and error in logs) as of this morning.

I'm running:

Kodi V18 stable

Emby 4.0.1

Emby for Kodi 4.0.1

Titan MOD Skin (most recent version)

Here is my log: https://paste.kodi.tv/ijedihofol.kodi

The primary issue I'm seeing is complete failure of the emby widgets being able to pull any data.

I can play movies/tv shows if I go into go down into the folder structure.

If I pull up emby's addon, it lists my various folders, but it does not have the emby settings option, so I can't got to repair/update database, etc.

All in all, it's just some very odd behavior.

Edited by Shadowmage952

Shadowmage952

My apologies, that's what I get for jumping into a thread that looked like it had my issue without looking around first.

My repo's were only showing 4.0.1 as the latest version still so I thought I was up to date, so I had to manually grab the most recent version, but that does seem to have resolved the issues.

Thanks for the extremely quick response.

• Like 1

hoppel118

Hi, the first thing is, if there's an error, when and where does it show? What does it say? Please provide a more detailed description. Thanks !

It happened everytime I pressed the play button in the list view of my movies library. The error message was something like „Can’t find next item to play“.

After that I checked for updates at the Emby repo and got the notification for the addon update to 4.0.3. I don’t know if the restart of Kodi was really needed.

Regeards Hoppel

• Like 1

hoppel118

Please guys. I take the time to post these every release. Make sure you visit this thread.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/21888-emby-for-kodi/?p=694404

@@Shadowmage952

Update to 4.0.3 Thank you.

I already read your release notes today. So it was my first attempt to check for updates and it directly solved my issue. Thanks! ;)

Edited by hoppel118
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Breaking changes days are behind us hopefully. Unfortunately, it was necessary to fix playback for Kodi Leia, so it needed to happen now. But moving forward, it'll only be small fixes.

• Like 2