Setting up Trakt with multiple Emby users on single Trakt account - advice please!

F1nchy

I thought I'd start a seperate thread for this as I think I'm trying to do something slightly different to most people....!

Now I have started using Emby instead of Plex (which was often failing to update with Trakt anyway) I want to get it set up correctly, so this is how I am hoping to do it. 

Basically, I have one Trakt account which I have always used to keep track of Kodi and Plex plays and positions to make it easier for me to delete episodes we have watched (and for those occasions when Kodi has died and I've had to set it all back up again, Trakt can republish it all into Kodi!)

On my Emby server I have three user accounts; one for just me, one for my young daughter and one joint one for my wife and I. I like that you can set individual Trakt accounts for each user, again something that Plex can't do. 

I don't want a Trakt account for my daugher, so that's fine. 

Between mine and our joint accounts I have our media split so that the one folder that has my TV shows in is only accessed by my Emby account, and then all the other TV shows and movies are accessed by our joint account. 

What I would ideally like is to be able to use the one Trakt account to be linked to both Emby users, so that when I watch something on my account those shows get synced up with Trakt to the main Trakt account, and when we watch with the joint Emby account they do to. 

Should that work? Or does each Emby user HAVE to have an individual Trakt account to work? 

Does that make sense.....?!

Edited by F1nchy

Ah, cool. So presumably each Emby user needs a unique authentication PIN, even if it's from the same account? 

It seems to be keeping the auth pins now, still getting errors when I sync but I'll keep that in the other thread. 

I'm pretty sure the code right now only allows exactly one or zero trakt accounts per emby account. I will have a look at how hard it'd be to change that.

Thanks J2ghz. I can set up a second Trakt account if needby for the second Emby account for the time being but it would be handy if you can get it working to sync both Emby accounts with one Trakt account. No worries if it's not doable though. 

• 1 year later...
kaledi

Hi - I've just posted a similat question, before finding this.  Did anyone conclude a solution?

I have multiple users and would like that all the watched status to synchronised across users

21 hours ago, kaledi said:

Hi - I've just posted a similat question, before finding this.  Did anyone conclude a solution?

I have multiple users and would like that all the watched status to synchronised across users

@kaledi we don't have a built-in way to do this, but you could setup the same Trakt account for multiple users on your emby server.

kaledi

@LukeYes, that would be fine and I can see that each user has is seen in the drop down for the TRAKT settings.  However, it isn't clear whether I am supposed to obtain a PIN for each user, obtain a single PIN, or as is alluded to here and elsewhere, it is only possible to align one EMBY account and a single user to a TRAKT account.

So far I have not successfully aligned multiple users to the same TRAKT account.  At the moment I just have one user aligned (after removing the XML for the plugin to reset it)