How to show closed captioning?

Sizzlebox

INITIATIVE
On 12/3/2021 at 10:34 PM, Luke said:

Universal closed caption support is coming: 

Hopefully available to AndroidTV too! this is a must have for a Live TV.

Edited by INITIATIVE

6 hours ago, INITIATIVE said:

Hopefully available to AndroidTV too! this is a must have for a Live TV.

Hi.  Yes, this will expand support in that app to when transcoding but our Android TV app already supports closed captions now as long as you aren't transcoding.

INITIATIVE
On 12/5/2021 at 9:56 PM, ebr said:

Hi.  Yes, this will expand support in that app to when transcoding but our Android TV app already supports closed captions now as long as you aren't transcoding.

yeah, you're right! I figured out when I checked the settings. It's turned on but it's now showing. I guess I have similar case with this (caption is working with Plex)

Edited by INITIATIVE

INITIATIVE
20 hours ago, INITIATIVE said:

yeah, you're right! I figured out when I checked the settings. It's turned on but it's now showing. I guess I have similar case with this (caption is working with Plex)

I mean the caption settings is turned on but it's not working. If I use VLC (playing the m3u list) or Plex, there's 4 subtitle tracks available.

@ebr

SHSPVR
27 minutes ago, INITIATIVE said:

I mean the caption settings is turned on but it's not working. If I use VLC (playing the m3u list) or Plex, there's 4 subtitle tracks available.

@ebr

I don't it's available yet as that Beta ver is not out

Edited by SHSPVR

INITIATIVE
4 minutes ago, SHSPVR said:

I don't it's available yet as that Beta ver is not out

On 12/5/2021 at 9:56 PM, ebr said:

but our Android TV app already supports closed captions now as long as you aren't transcoding.

Ebr said it's already available on Android TV, and I can confirm that I can see this caption setting but not working at all.

SHSPVR
4 minutes ago, INITIATIVE said:

Ebr said it's already available on Android TV, and I can confirm that I can see this caption setting but not working at all.

My guess is it depends on which Android TV device you have I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's mainly for Nvidia Shield and possibly actual Google Android TV "Xiaomi Mi Box S device"

clarkss12
4 hours ago, SHSPVR said:

My guess is it depends on which Android TV device you have I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's mainly for Nvidia Shield and possibly actual Google Android TV "Xiaomi Mi Box S device"

CC works on most if not all of my Android boxes using the Android TV version of Emby.

• Like 1

INITIATIVE
10 hours ago, SHSPVR said:

my emby version is tv.emby.embyatv(2.0.48g). my guess is that, even if it works with few tv sources (hdhomerun or??), it doesn't cover all of the cases.

INITIATIVE
15 hours ago, ebr said:

Exactly what "setting" is that?  Can you show a screen shot?

this one 

IMG_20211211_134841.thumb.jpg.283c9aeff48ae712fbae8384c024ae86.jpg

15 hours ago, ebr said:

Also, can you please play an item for a few seconds and then follow the instructions to send a log from the app?

played a stream for over a minutes and here's the logs logs.2021-12-11.tar 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additionally, you may also wanna see this. same live stream works great in VLC with caption (EIA-608). would be greatly appreciated if emby can fix it (I'm little bit frustrated because caption also works great in Plex's Live TV & DVR, but I prefer Emby to manage all of my medias.)

VLC

Screenshot_60.thumb.png.608bb4af641e8e78c87e2ebdf5113bf4.png

Emby

IMG_20211211_140334.thumb.jpg.209917cc1e94cfaad6b3f5c89629e3e8.jpg

Edited by INITIATIVE

8 hours ago, INITIATIVE said:

played a stream for over a minutes and here's the logs

Hi.  I need you to follow the instructions in that article to send a log from the app.  Please only play for 5-10 seconds.

Does a "CC" button appear on the OSD during playback?  If so, what options are in it?