New to Embay - Syncing

MissionSparta

MissionSparta

I am trying to move away from Plex with all the goofiness going on over there. 90% of my use with Plex was with syncing to my mobile devices (TV and Movies). I am trying to get it going with Emby, but all my synces just sit at transferring 0%. Can anyone give me any advice or look at some logs for me? I'd appreciate he help. Like I said, I want to move from Plex to Emby, but this is the one thing that must work for me to make the jump. Thanks again.

Edited by MissionSparta

KarlDag

I am trying to move away from Plex with all the goofiness going on over there. 90% of my use with Plex was with syncing to my mobile devices (TV and Movies). I am trying to get it going with Emby, but all my synces just sit at transferring 0%. Can anyone give me any advice or look at some logs for me? I'd appreciate he help. Like I said, I want to move from Plex to Emby, but this is the one thing that must work for me to make the jump. Thanks again.

Sync ends up working but can take a while. Leave your phone to sleep over night and at some point it should transfer.

MissionSparta

Sync ends up working but can take a while. Leave your phone to sleep over night and at some point it should transfer.

After waiting a while, it didn't go, so I messed around. Oddly enough, if I set a job to sync straight from the server on my computer, it will sync....if I do it from the device/phone it just sits.

Hi @@Luke,

imho this is one of the most important feature in the mobile app and you simply can't rely on it to sync your stuff.

It is not really a "plug and play" solution, I always do a double check just to be 100% sure my stuff is synced as I expect it and sometimes end up to without my stuff synced on my commute.

Please give this a prio in development of the app, there are plenty of topics reporting sync problems with the app.

Thanks!

• Like 2