Uploading and Image via API - Swagger Error

PenkethBoy

PenkethBoy

Just trying to Upload an image via the API - and using Swagger to test

but as you see below it fails

5c52ea0ea4b7c_Capture1.jpg

The response body error (from a bit of google foo) - indicates the uploaded file is not being encoded to base64 in swagger

And also the Content-Type should be "image/jpeg"

Not a major problem - but worth fixing I think

For those who may come across this at a later date

a small snippet of Powershell code that works for uploading a Primary image file via the API

# $embyImage.ID is the Emby ID of the item you wish to change the primary image of
$ImageUrl = $embyServerUrl + "/emby/Items/"+ $EmbyImage.ID + "/Images/Primary?api_key=" + $User.AccessToken

# Encode jpg to a base64 string - $BackImage.Fullname is the full path to the jpg file
[String]$Base64 = [convert]::ToBase64String((Get-Content $BackImage.FullName -Encoding Byte))

$Result = Invoke-Webrequest -uri $ImageUrl -Method POST -Body $Base64 -ContentType "image/jpeg"

If ($Result.StatusCode -eq 204)
{
     Write-Host "Success!!!!"
}
else
{
     Write-Host "Boo Fail!"
}
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
PenkethBoy

Now you have the URL correct :) - you need to encode the image to base64 as i described above as you are getting the same error i was

how you do that in python i do not know - sorry

junerain

5dd5719440a88_5.png

I succeeded. requests.post(data=)can upload binary Base64.

I didn't know how to give the base64 body to the API In which form before.

Thank you. I tried your PowerShell code, so I'm confident to finish it by python.

Fix for what? It has to be base64 encoded and I don't think the swagger UI supports doing that, so you won't be able to test the endpoint from there.

PenkethBoy

If swagger does not support it then what use is there in having the swagger option

Maybe have a note as a minimum to tell api users that they need to encode the image

As the api calls as listed curl or http - give no clue this is whats needed - hence the original post