#1 solabc16 OFFLINE  

solabc16

Advanced Member

• ForumMod
  • 1967 posts
  • Local time: 03:27 AM

Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:05 PM

Hello All

If you're already using the beta channel you will have noticed that beta releases are now available again, as we've closed out issues with the latest stable.

The latest beta available is 4.1.0.4-beta and we'll be current with the latest beta releases by tomorrow.

Along with the usual beta warnings you receive, you'll also be notified that you are about to switch to a beta release if you have the latest stable installed.

If you no longer wish to participate in the beta programme, now is the time to jump off and switch back to stable. Thanks for your contribution!

Best

- James

• Luke and FrostByte like this

#2 Everbrave OFFLINE  

Everbrave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Local time: 04:27 AM

Posted 13 February 2019 - 06:52 AM

No 4.1.x.x release appear on the beta channel; currently I returned to the stable release.

Is the beta channel source for the Package Centre still the same?

#3 EagleMitchell OFFLINE  

EagleMitchell

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Local time: 09:27 PM

Posted 22 April 2019 - 11:05 PM

Hello All

If you're already using the beta channel you will have noticed that beta releases are now available again, as we've closed out issues with the latest stable.

The latest beta available is 4.1.0.4-beta and we'll be current with the latest beta releases by tomorrow.

Along with the usual beta warnings you receive, you'll also be notified that you are about to switch to a beta release if you have the latest stable installed.

If you no longer wish to participate in the beta programme, now is the time to jump off and switch back to stable. Thanks for your contribution!

Best

- James

James, in seeing this post, I think you can disregard my previous one here.  One question however:  Do the server settings and metadata persist when switching back to the general release, or will that take a fresh install where all settings need to be configured again?  Thanks!

Edited by EagleMitchell, 22 April 2019 - 11:06 PM.

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 129305 posts
  • Local time: 10:27 PM

Posted 22 April 2019 - 11:43 PM

Yes but we don't recommend switching back and forth as the newer releases may create changes that the older releases are unable to cope with if you roll back.

#5 FrostByte OFFLINE  

FrostByte

Advanced Member

• ForumMod
  • 3996 posts
  • LocationThe UP

Posted 09 May 2019 - 07:59 AM

Has anyone who uses Package Center seen 4204 beta yet?  I noticed it came out a few days ago when Emby server started notifying me, but still nothing in PC.  I'm still on 4201.

Also, this section has gone dead quiet like everyone has gone back to stable.

#6 kc6108 OFFLINE  

kc6108

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationKansas, US

Posted 11 May 2019 - 02:44 AM

Synology DS1812+ & 4.2.0.1 beta here. 4.2.0.4 hasn't shown up in Package Center for me either... nor has the newly released 4.2.0.5 beta.

I read that in the past getting the beta Synology builds into Package Center was a lengthy and manual process, but I'm certain I read that that's not the case anymore.

@Luke @solabc16

Why does it still take so long to get the beta Synology builds into Package Center?

• FrostByte likes this

#7 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 129305 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 11:42 AM

It is a manual process that depends on solabc16's availability. For this reason you may not get every single beta build.
  • FrostByte likes this

#8 kc6108 OFFLINE  

kc6108

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationKansas, US

Posted 11 May 2019 - 07:32 PM

10-4

Many Thx,

kc6108

#9 FrostByte OFFLINE