Multi-Channel Audio i.e. DTS-MA, TrueHD

denzoid
Go to solution Solved by steelman1991,

denzoid

I have yet to install MB3 because I am not really clear about Multi-Channel HD audio support. Does MB3 support any HD audio formats such as DTS-MA or TrueHD "out of the box"? If not, What is the "best" way to achieve this? (and by "best" I mean easiest) Would I have to install an external player? or ffdshow? or both?

• Solution
steelman1991

Providing your hardware is compatible it is available (via LAV, which is installed automatically). OOTB. You may have to configure LAV from the settings page, been that long since I installed fresh I can't remember if it comes pre-setup for bitstreaming.

• Like 1

Mfusick

It's in settings you can choose HDMI bitsstreaming.  LAV audio has check boxes, just check off an enable DTS-HDMA

IndianaGeorge

It's in settings you can choose HDMI bitsstreaming.  LAV audio has check boxes, just check off an enable DTS-HDMA

If my mkv files were made with the DTS-HDMA track only, will it play on my computer without bitstreaming, i.e., will it decode DTS-HDMA?

IndianaGeorge

If my mkv files were made with the DTS-HDMA track only, will it play on my computer without bitstreaming, i.e., will it decode DTS-HDMA?

Answered my own question by trying it out... it just works!

steelman1991

It will decode - but unless you have a dtsdecoderdll.dll file in your set-up - it will only decode to the 'core' dts track.