Custom backdrops with Throgsoft themes?

jachin99

jachin99

I grabbed a few TSoft themes, and I noticed there aren't any backdrops on my EHS.  In particular I am looking to add some of the movie theater seating backdrops but I would like to understand how TSoft plugins grab images for the EHS for each theme.  Im trying to start with Kismet.  Thanks.  

throgmorton

I grabbed a few TSoft themes, and I noticed there aren't any backdrops on my EHS. In particular I am looking to add some of the movie theater seating backdrops but I would like to understand how TSoft plugins grab images for the EHS for each theme. Im trying to start with Kismet. Thanks.

They are done through the IBN.

Basically you Server has a directory for your metadata which you can find on your server dashboard (bottom right).

In that directory simply create a folder called general if one does not exist already.

In the general folder simply create a folder as the same name as what is on your Root folder name (EHS) and place the backdrop and folder images in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

throgmorton

Its not working at the moment, unless I did something wrong.  

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

The folder structure is correct its just the name of the file needs to be called backdrop.jpg like you would for any movie

jachin99

That mostly did the trick but there are still a few issues.  Before getting to those, I appreciate all of your help so far, and I'm really enjoying your themes!!  Now onto my issues. 

1. I got my backdrop using the method you described above but when I tried to replace the original image, the theme didn't update with my new background.jpg.  If I remove the movies folder completely from my general folder then I get no backdrop once again.  Any ideas about how to change the image??

2. I got this to work for Movies, and collections but it doesn't seem to work for trailers.  I haven't tried every screen, and I only have a small subset of what is available in terms of library choices in emby enabled on this server, I.E. I don't have TV recordings, or podcasts, etc.  I only have Movies, Collections, Movies by Genre, Playlists, and Trailers off of the top of my head.  I'll double check my spelling but I'm not sure if trailers is actually called trailers, or something else??

Thanks for the help.

throgmorton

Usually doing a refresh and restart of WMC will fix the image not taking the new one as I think it is stored in cache somewhere.

As long as you have the correct name spelling for the folder it should work.

That mostly did the trick but there are still a few issues.  Before getting to those, I appreciate all of your help so far, and I'm really enjoying your themes!!  Now onto my issues. 

2. I got this to work for Movies, and collections but it doesn't seem to work for trailers.  I haven't tried every screen, and I only have a small subset of what is available in terms of library choices in emby enabled on this server, I.E. I don't have TV recordings, or podcasts, etc.  I only have Movies, Collections, Movies by Genre, Playlists, and Trailers off of the top of my head.  I'll double check my spelling but I'm not sure if trailers is actually called trailers, or something else??

Thanks for the help.

For some EHS entries it doesn't work. The best place to adjust this FIRST is in the library items listed in the Web App. Then create the corresponding library folders in ...metadata/general/ and put the images in there, but it will not work for all. For example it doesn't work for Movies By Genre and Forecast. I tried all different kind of combinations of files and folders and in different locations. It just doesn't work.

In addition if you create in the folder Emby-Server\root\default a folder like Forecast it will appear magically in the web app as an entry but since it is not a library it does not allow you to add images to that. In the root\default folder appear all the folders of your libraries plus collection and you can work with them.

So my deduction is since the ones we want to add images to are not actual libraries but entries that appear on the EHS we can't add images to them. This is either a function of the EMC or the server. Since the Devs here are sort of pursuing a different path because of the way media is consumed today our only hope is that perhaps @@throgmorton can find a hack in his themes like he did with the studio images.

Edited by One2Go

From the Screen shot you can see the Logo for the TV Shows and the backdrop. The backdrop will work for Forecast but not the Logo.

5c54aa1e96f16_LatestEMC.jpg