Error when entering Zip Code

jtownsend

jtownsend

I recently purchased a HDHR and have it setup as a TV Source. When I try to add the Guide Data, I enter in the country, US. Pick Emby Guide Data and enter my zip code of 76053. When I click Lineup, I get this error: There was an error downloading tv lineups. Please ensure your information is correct and try again. I have been trying this for the past few days. I have also stopped the Emby service and restarted it.

Jesse

• 5 months later...
bhunt01

1. You think you might consider an error message that includes that key piece of information?

2. Nowhere on this page does it state that fact: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Live-TV Over on the right hand side, Premiere is covered near the bottom and Live TV is just sitting in the server section. A bit misleading

3. Under Guide informationL

Emby has built in guide data for the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. If you live in one of these areas then Emby Guide Data should be your first choice of providers to use. Unlike other guide solutions, everything needed to use is built right into your Emby Server with no 3rd party setup or payments needed.

Again, a little misleading. The issue is not about paying for service (although it would be nice to try before you buy), the issue is the frustration of wasting time with error messages that are of the "Wrong! Try again" ilk.

1. You think you might consider an error message that includes that key piece of information?

2. Nowhere on this page does it state that fact: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Live-TV Over on the right hand side, Premiere is covered near the bottom and Live TV is just sitting in the server section. A bit misleading

3. Under Guide informationL

Emby has built in guide data for the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. If you live in one of these areas then Emby Guide Data should be your first choice of providers to use. Unlike other guide solutions, everything needed to use is built right into your Emby Server with no 3rd party setup or payments needed.

Again, a little misleading. The issue is not about paying for service (although it would be nice to try before you buy), the issue is the frustration of wasting time with error messages that are of the "Wrong! Try again" ilk.

Hi.  At the top of the Live TV setup page in your dashboard do you not have the following text?

Emby Live TV & DVR require an active Emby Premiere subscription.

We do need to improve the error messages when this is the reason and also put a note on the Live TV Wiki page.

Thanks.