Nvidia Shield TV question

heula

My current setup is as follow.

PC with Kodi and Emby addon installed. The media comes from a DS418 NAs from Synology

This way I have been playing my videos for quite some time now.

Because I recently bought a new 4k television with Soundbar that supports Dolby Atmos my setup needs an update.

At first I thought Google Chromecast Ultra would do that but it doesn't support TrueHD Dolby Atmos.

So I searched some more and saw the Nvidia Shield TV device. That supports 4k video and TrueHD dolby Atmos.

My question is, can I have a simular setup on the Nvidia Shield as I have now on my pc.

I know Kodi can be used on it but can I install the Emby addon the same way in Kodi as I have now on my pc?

I hope someone can help me confirm what I might already know. I just want to be very sure because I also thought Chromecast Ultra could do it and it couldn't.

Thanks.

I know our app will work fine with the Shield and the audio but, since you specifically want Kodi, I'm going to move this post over there as I think you can also make that work (but those guys can tell you for sure how to do it).

• Like 1

No problems with the Shield. It's the same procedure like on your PC.

Cool, do you know if I can use my Logitech harmony remote with it?

Thanks.

sualfred

Never tested it by myself, but yes it's possible. At least the ones with Bluetooth support (Harmony HUB remotes).

Never tested it by myself, but yes it's possible. At least the ones with Bluetooth support (Harmony HUB remotes).

Thanks, that is what I have. A Harmony companion.

sualfred

Should work fine. I know a few users that are using it for the Shield. But I don't know if there already exists a Shield profile on the Harmony servers. Otherwise you have to pair it as regular Bluetooth input and deal with the keymappings to adjust them for your personal needs.

• Like 1

I have added the Shield TV as an activity in the Harmony software and there are programmed buttons already.

What I miss I perhaps can program my self somehow with the key editor addon in Kodi on Shield.

Thanks.

Edited by heula