-= CALLING ALL EMBY USERS =-

pir8radio

pir8radio

-= I NEED YOUR HELP =-

I would like to test my servers capabilities this Saturday  Feb 2, 2019 @ 3:00 PM CST UTC-6   I would like as many people as possible to log into my emby server and start streaming a Royalty free HD Video.     I will have the server setup to force transcoding to 4Mb/s or less depending on your connection. I want to see how many transcoded streams the current setup can handle. 

Please join me in this quest to bring my server to its knees!    

Feb 2, 2019 @ 3:00 PM CST UTC-6

embytest.png

Watch the REAL-TIME PROGRESS < Click

Server Info < Click

Edited by pir8radio
  • Like 3

Fratopolis

Looks like you can transcode 6 4K to 1080p before I saw hiccups at my 7th concurrent stream due to low transcoding fps

Edited by Fratopolis

pir8radio

Yea the 4k version i threw on there to see how that would go..  I have a regular HD version as well..   I also have transcode throttling on which I noticed does some strange things...     Like you never see my GPU above 40%  which is a little strange. 

chart.png?type=graph&graphid=0&width=975

Edited by pir8radio

pir8radio

lol im in.

Except that it is direct streaming 40mbps hahaha

not sure why, i set the per stream limit for that user to 4Mb/s

Fratopolis

yeah. if you want i can remote to work and simultaneously control as many lab stations as you want to see where it breaks. literally hundreds of stations.

we have thousands  but my program has issues when going over a couple hundred at a time.

Edited by Fratopolis

Fratopolis

You wanna grab a 1080p version as well. Looks like depending on the original quality for the decoding is going to affect how many transcodes.

When I ran the 720p reconverted to 720p at 4 megabit I had eight going and it was blazing through. we may hit the 15 stream Max unless you have the upgraded premier account.

pir8radio

i Got 23 going right now!

Looks like its doing it.

23 that's pretty good...  I'm happy with that lol  :)

Fratopolis

I thought it was staring to skip then realized it was just something else. I may try again tomorrow.

What are the actual fps of the video. 30 or 24

Edited by Fratopolis

pir8radio

I thought it was staring to skip then realized it was just something else. I may try again tomorrow.

What are the actual fps of the video. 30 or 24

Another test you might want to try is transcoding a good quality 1080p that's 59.97 fps.

Generally speaking I've always found the Quadro good for 20 streams (give or take).  Depends on source file and what else the server is doing.

pir8radio

God damn I wish I had the confidence in my server to handle this many people streaming

Well, I don't have confidence that it will go well lol...  I just want to see at what point it will start to go south.....   Then i can post the stats for others on here..   There are always questions about "how many streams can I support" or "how many will this GPU support"   There will still be many variables, but maybe we can at least say for 1080p to X you can get XX streams per 1000 gpu cuda or something...     Will just have to see what the data says..   :)

notla49285

Well, I don't have confidence that it will go well lol...  I just want to see at what point it will start to go south.....   Then i can post the stats for others on here..   There are always questions about "how many streams can I support" or "how many will this GPU support"   There will still be many variables, but maybe we can at least say for 1080p to X you can get XX streams per 1000 gpu cuda or something...     Will just have to see what the data says..   :)

It's normally me asking those questions, I'm far from the most technical user on here and can't help thinking I should be doing things differently with my server but not knowing what - though one thing I know is the shitty PC I'm currently running on!

rbjtech

Just has 20 concurrent streams going  :P -  no issues that I could see although I obviously wasn't watching them all at once .. 

My internet d/l hit 80-90 Mbit/sec - I have about 230 Mbit/sec to play with so that equates to about 60 streams @ 4Mb/sec

I'll try and hit this on Saturday @ 9PM (GMT-UK) as requested - ( which I believe is 3pm CST) ..

A bit of fun !  :D

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 1

pir8radio

Dang, what do you have for internet upload capacity?  My internet caps out way before my Emby server does.

My internet is two 1G connections bonded together (LACP) but i only see about 1.7gb/s up and down.   Well... .I say only but you know what i mean lol.

Edited by pir8radio

Fratopolis

wish you could setup a second instance of emby server for me. so I can see the admin page. would be easier to test on my end with all the stations I have at work. I could get you all the stats you need in an hourish.

Kind of a pain to pop the stat on each session playing to see whats happening lol. I have one lab with 36 stations

Edited by Fratopolis