Filter for "missing" now absent in TV-Episode-Search

moddie

Hello,

since 4.0 I am missing the ability to filter for missing episodes in the TV-Episodes-Search...

Has this been removed? If so, I would like to request, re-adding the feature.

Using the Reports plugin for finding missing episodes is possible but the sorting for dates is totally useless (sorting by D M Y, and in that order).

greetings

ben

• Like 2

scsherman

I just wanted to chime in to say that this feature is greatly missed. I used it all the time. As a long time supporter I would seriously consider switching servers if this feature is not added back in. I am not sure how many people use it, but it seems silly to just remove it as a search criteria for those of us that have become accustomed to using it. I have tried the reports and find it clunky and not as easy as the way it was.

For those that don't use the feature, what is your workflow for figuring out what episodes are missing from your collection? Do you use other software? It this something you have automated to fill in gaps in your library? Maybe I am just behind the times and need to update the way I do things.

Hi, we'll look at this in a future update, but in the meantime the reports plugin can give you the same information. thanks.

• 2 months later...
moddie

Not trying to be a nuisance, but this feature is still missing as of 4.1 stable.

Are you continuing to look into this?

If someone might point me at the correct place in the code I'd love to take a crack at it...

I'm keeping my secondary server on  3.5.3.0 until this is fixed.

Also the reports plugin continues to be extraordinarily useless at this task. It can show missing episodes, but not in any useful order. At least not with UK region settings, where dates are just stupidly ordered (not emby's fault).

still loving emby more than plex ;)

GrimReaper

I just wanted to chime in to say that this feature is greatly missed. I used it all the time. As a long time supporter I would seriously consider switching servers if this feature is not added back in. I am not sure how many people use it, but it seems silly to just remove it as a search criteria for those of us that have become accustomed to using it. I have tried the reports and find it clunky and not as easy as the way it was.

For those that don't use the feature, what is your workflow for figuring out what episodes are missing from your collection? Do you use other software? It this something you have automated to fill in gaps in your library? Maybe I am just behind the times and need to update the way I do things.

Sonarr. And depending where do you obtain your media from, you can automate it to a lesser or greater degree.

• 2 months later...