No way to group collections in Movies folder.

Opera_of_Death
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Opera_of_Death

Hello!

Since the Server update to 4.0.1.0 I have had a problem with Apple TV. Movies that are supposed to be grouped into collections are not grouped when watching the whole movie "database". They are grouped ok when I only check the Collections "database".

I hope you understand what I mean. My Emby is in Swedish so I try and translate it to English again ;)

For some clarification I mean when you are on the main page in Emby for Apple TV you see Movies, Collections, TV and Playlists (This is how I have set it up) at the topp. So when choosing Movies there are no collections. Choosing Collections there are collections.

When looking through the iOS app, Webb app and Emby Theater you have the three dots option (...) where you can choose to group objects in collections. That option is missing on Apple TV.

It worked before the 4.* server updates.

I hoped that it would be fixed in the next Apple TV update but it's still there in the 1.4.0 update.

There seem to be a conflict or between Server 4.0.1.0 and Apple TV app. Or you just forgot that the Apple TV app don't work with the new way of grouping movies into collections.

I hope you can fix this soon as it's quite annoying. Especially when you have made own collections and put a sorting title on the movies in them to just numbers. That way some movies that don't start with a number is first in the whole database haha ;)

I also hope you can make the Apple TV app a little more advanced with options you get in other apps.

Thank you for making a great software!!!

vonstorch

Also, when you select items within collections, all the items are strung out horizontal and not stacked vertically like the rest of the UI.

Also, when you select items within collections, all the items are strung out horizontal and not stacked vertically like the rest of the UI.

@@vonstorch

I don’t understand what you mean. Can you upload a picture or screenshot please?

Thanks!

vonstorch

Here are top shots. First is normal movies display. Second is collections display. The collections are left to right unlike movies which is top to bottom.

Thanks 

5c55bfaebe460_IMG_0485.jpg5c55bfc15823e_IMG_0486.jpg

Hi.  They do have different display styles because collections can contain different types of content and those will be separated on different rows.

vonstorch

I got it. However, it doesn't appear this way on other clients (e.g. Web Browser, Roku or Emby Theater. Nor does it occur with other mixed content like Photos. Just thought the layouts would be somewhat standardized.

Thanks Bill

@vonstsorch --

That screenshot above looks like what happens when you scroll down on the collection detail screen. There should be the name of the collection, description and hero/logo image above that. Can you confirm if that is indeed there? If not there may be a bug.

• 2 weeks later...
akbumpkin

Thanks! I want to participate in the beta testing. Sent ebr a pm.

Update: Was accepted as a beta tester and the AppleTV is sorting movies into collections with the current beta version! Very happy to see the devs on this already. Thanks.

Edited by akbumpkin

I have a slightly on\off topic request regarding this.  Would it be possible to add this functionality to TV Show content type as well?  I have a few collections of various tv shows (i.e. Star Trek).  They appear as a collection in the web interface for my server, but on the Apple TV app, they're still separate, although if I go into my movies library, they do show up in the collections section.

I have a slightly on\off topic request regarding this. Would it be possible to add this functionality to TV Show content type as well? I have a few collections of various tv shows (i.e. Star Trek). They appear as a collection in the web interface for my server, but on the Apple TV app, they're still separate, although if I go into my movies library, they do show up in the collections section.

We will be supporting that as well in an upcoming release just haven’t gotten to it yet.

Grouping movies into collections is in our latest beta.

Luke said "we'll need to get this into the app"

Does this mean it need to be built into each version of the application (Client) or was it meant it just needs to be added into the Server App side of things?

I am going to do a reinstall and this feature is what I want to test. I am still using the [boxset] structure which is working fine for me, but I just want to do a refresh of how my setup is onfigured to be more the current structure.