Guide off for E! Channel

AxelAxel3

AxelAxel3

I flipped to the E! Channel which comes through HDHomeRun premium. According to the guide, a show is currently on that shouldn't come on for a while.

Emby Guide: Just Go With It

Actual: Bride Wars

I checked with the channels guide data and Bride Wars is what actually should be on (I have heard of people getting the wrong feeds).

AxelAxel3

I checked another channel... MTV is also off by two hours... And I just remembered some of my recording a couple days ago was the wrong movie. What's going on?

I would check your server machine timezone settings. then I would ensure you've selected the correct zip code and lineup in your guide data settings. Then if you still have an issue please see how to report a problem. thanks.

AxelAxel3

Server machine timezone correct. Zip code correct. And Lineup is Eastern, but my only other choice is Pacific. I am Central time. Attached are my logs. Logs.zip is from a couple day ago and embyserver-xxxx.zip is from earlier today.

Pretty sure local channels are correct, its only some premium channels.

logs.zip

embyserver-63684469266.zip

post-1176-0-26306600-1548899650_thumb.jpg

post-1176-0-27288600-1548899773_thumb.jpg

Edited by Darkstyrm

• 1 month later...
Crossland

I have noticed the same thing.  It seems as though HDHOMERUN has swithced some of the channels from the Pacific feed to the Eastern feed.  I noticed this when some of the channels reappeared such as Discovery.  Now the guide data (Emby & Schedules Direct) still have the west feed data as it was before.  I switched back to schedules direct and the same problem exists.  When I check on the HDHR app, the guide it correct.

To fix it, I mapped those channels to the local cable data which is on the eastern feed even though I am in the central time zone. For example, I have the local cable channel data for my local channels, I  also have the HDHRPTV for the streaming channels.  I mapped Ch. 1411 (SYFY) to CH. 82 and now it reads correctly.

It would seem to me that a central lineup is needed for these premium channels, otherwise i would expect that some of the times are going to be off, if you're in central US but using an east or west coast lineup.

We can send that feedback up the chain to our guide provider. You may want to do the same with schedules direct.

• Like 1

AxelAxel3

It would seem to me that a central lineup is needed for these premium channels, otherwise i would expect that some of the times are going to be off, if you're in central US but using an east or west coast lineup.

We can send that feedback up the chain to our guide provider. You may want to do the same with schedules direct.

Thank you!!!

richt

Here is a bit more input for your provider.

SyFy and HGTV are off by 3 hours in the eastern time zone.  There are probably others but I haven't checked them all.  I checked the HD Homerun app and Schedules Direct and both of those show correct programs / times for these channels.

Crossland

Yeah, the channels that are not on the Eastern Feed are:

AMC

FX

TRU

Comdey

TLC

E

APL

HSTRY

FOOD

TRVL

HGTV

DSNY

NICK

FreeForm

& TCM has no signal at all  Plus my SyFy is on the Eastern Feed

Edited by Crossland

Are you guys not using the 2 specific feeds that show up in Emby just for Premium TV?  

These listings should already have channels setup properly for both the east and west cost feeds depending on where you are located.

You DO NOT want to use a normal cable feed for Premium TV as it won't have the correct time offsets.

Crossland

I am now using the eastern guide data.  A couple of the channels had changed from the Pacific feed to the Eastern feed and so for those I was using the local cable for the guide to make it correct until the guide data caught up to being correct.

The whole problem is actually that some channels are on the eastern feed and some on the Pacific.  They should have just the eastern and just the pacific and not a mix of both. 

Unfortunately this is how their upstream provider gets the data so there is little they can do about it.

AxelAxel3

This issue was more than that. With it all mix matched now idk for sure. But some of the shows was 2-3 hours off emby guide. I contacted HDHR at the time (this post was opened way before they started having all these feed issues) and they said the feed was correct.

Now I don't know if anything is off because of guide or wrong feed. But at the time I started this, we assumed it was because of the guide was Eastern and I need Central. Last I heard, Luke was going to work on that.

Here is what I would suggest (try it on a test server first if you like).

Remove all EPG source from Emby and refresh.  This will remove all the EPG data from the system.

Next add the EAST PTV feed and check matches then refresh guide.

Next add the West PTV feed and check matches then refresh the guide.

At this point all PTV channels should be correct and have data matching the timezone of the feeds being used.

Now add your local EPG as the 3rd EPG source and map your local channels.  Then of course refresh.

Emby matches your channels in the order the EPGs are loaded from my experimentation so you want these two PTV feeds listed first before anything local.

Get them matched up then add your local EPG source back into the mix.