Australian Guide Support

fewpeople

Hi.  We'd certainly like to provide this in the future but, unfortunately, guide data in Oz is a different animal from most others :).

There are some solutions posted out here that should work though.  I believe you can get it via XML with IceTV.

sparkypete77

So to clarify, if we purchase a premiere subscription in Australia, we don't have any guide data or EPG provided by EMBY? & if so, what would be the point of a premiere subscription in Australia?

So to clarify, if we purchase a premiere subscription in Australia, we don't have any guide data or EPG provided by EMBY? & if so, what would be the point of a premiere subscription in Australia?

Well to use the Live TV feature requires Emby Premiere. You also get all of the benefits listed here:

https://emby.media/premiere.html

sparkypete77

Thanks for the reply Luke. So I know I need premiere to access live TV, but is there an EPG in australia with the EMBY live TV? I have an HDhomerun. If I subscribe to premiere, what EPG data will I be using in australia?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply Luke. So I know I need premiere to access live TV, but is there an EPG in australia with the EMBY live TV? I have an HDhomerun. If I subscribe to premiere, what EPG data will I be using in australia?

Thanks

You could look at ice tv. Many here are using that with emby.

arrbee99

It should be set and forget as you just put a url into Emby and it goes to Matt Huismans guide once a day and keeps itself up to date.

Having said that, I downloaded mine as I wanted to change the channel numbers provided and as its on my PC now it still stays up to date but won't change for any new channels or old channels moving.

sparkypete77

It should be set and forget as you just put a url into Emby and it goes to Matt Huismans guide once a day and keeps itself up to date.

Having said that, I downloaded mine as I wanted to change the channel numbers provided and as its on my PC now it still stays up to date but won't change for any new channels or old channels moving.

Thanks mate. I might try it in kodi & see if it suits. It seems a premiere subscription is not really ready in Australia yet without guide data that is usually only available through another subscription service. Hopefully that changes soon.

arrbee99

Entirely up to you of course.

Another possibility might be to set up NextPVR which should provide a guide and then use the plugin to get Live TV to Emby. Thats actually what I do in NZ with OTA TV, but I've no idea how different (or not) it might be in Oz and you'd still have to get Premiere anyway...

• 5 months later...
adamstewiegreen

plex got rid of Australian EPG in their Plex pass and now some plex users have banded together to create this:

http://www.xmltv.net/

Seems very complete.  Only "problem" (so far) is that ALL the images are thumbs.  I'm not sure how often they're updated...

EDIT: another problem, not all the shows have proper season and episode information...

Edited by adamstewiegreen

adamstewiegreen

I was using icetv till about 3 days ago, it's good, but paying for guide data for free OTA tv doesn't feel right. Plus, the above is very nearly as good as icetv...

The missing seasons and episode information is only #s and it seems to only apply to a couple (very minor) channels and shows in syndication, plus the ep title and descriptions are still there.

It's plenty good enough to replace icetv.

denz

Why doesn't feel right they provide the service if you were providing a service I think you would want to be paid.

adamstewiegreen

I just meant that if I plug my ota cable directly into my tv I have a week of guide available to me, no charge. It has nothing to do with IceTV really, more to do with the fact that the data was so close and yet inaccessible for my purposes.