Emby opens to black screen

pctroubles

Guest Gravox

No worries, thanks for the heads up.

I have the latest version of the app installed, however, both my phone (Pixel 2xl) and tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab S2) will only play the audio of the uploaded media and the screen remains black.

What else can I do?

No worries, thanks for the heads up.

I have the latest version of the app installed, however, both my phone (Pixel 2xl) and tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab S2) will only play the audio of the uploaded media and the screen remains black.

What else can I do?

Hi, what do you mean by uploaded media? Can  you please go over an example? Thanks.

Guest Gravox

Hi, what do you mean by uploaded media? Can you please go over an example? Thanks.

So for instance, I have created a TV show folder and placed the relevant episodes in there.

I have set the file path through Emby. Emby has recognised it and I can now watch the tv show through my web browser.

However, when I use any of my Android devices (device models listed above) the media plays the audio with a black screen.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing cache and restarting my devices but nothing has worked.

Strangely, the app was running perfectly until I tried it this week.

So for instance, I have created a TV show folder and placed the relevant episodes in there.

I have set the file path through Emby. Emby has recognised it and I can now watch the tv show through my web browser.

However, when I use any of my Android devices (device models listed above) the media plays the audio with a black screen.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing cache and restarting my devices but nothing has worked.

Strangely, the app was running perfectly until I tried it this week.

Can you please go over an example? Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

Guest Gravox

Can you please go over an example? Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

So, my laptop is my server (version 4.0.3.0). I've made a folder for a TV show on my local drive of my laptop and added some episodes from the "Star Wars - The Clone Wars" series.

In the Emby web app on my laptop (using Chrome), I have selected the file path of the above Tv show. I have been able to watch these episodes on my laptop without any hassle.

However, on my phone (pixel 2xl) for instance, I have run the app (today 01/04/19), connected to the server and tried to play an episode.

The screen is black and I can only hear the audio. I have attached a screenshot to illustrate what I mean.

I have also tried to attach the log from today but it won't let me attach it.

I'm not sure how much more specific you would like me to be?

Thanks for your help :)

post-443467-0-42202300-1554069728_thumb.png

Can you please supply a copy of the media info from the web app for this file? Thanks.

Guest Gravox

Can you please supply a copy of the media info from the web app for this file? Thanks.

Can you please tell me how to access the media info? I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this? Is this the metadata from the specific episode I attempted to watch?

Eddie

I have a Samsung Galaxy tablet

Android 7.1.1

Model Nmber SM-T350

Latest emby software available

I have two of these tablets I just noticed on one of them it opens with a black screen if I try to back out it just puts me back at the homepage of the desktop of the tablet... Sometimes I force stop the program clear the cache restart the tablet and emby works sometimes it goes back to a black screen