Emby opens to black screen

pctroubles

pctroubles

I have 3 MyGica boxes. All are the same model but 2 boxes are about 1.5 years older than the other. The newer of the boxes is still working fine at this point. The 2 original boxes however, Emby will no longer work. Opening the App results in a black screen with the on-screen arrow. Press the back button on the remote will take the unit back to the main screen. I have un-installed the emby app and re-installed it and that did not fix the issue. I have performed a factory reset on the MyGica device and re-loaded the app and this also does not work. The two affected boxes are in two different locations and connect to different Emby servers. One server is running on Windows Home Server 2011 with all updates installed and Emby Server V3.5.0.0. The other server is running on Windows Server 2016 with all updates installed and Emby V 4.0.1.0. I am at a loss at this point with these boxes.

pctroubles

It is the current version available in the Google Play store for Andriod based devices so if that is the mobile version...then yes.

I’m also having this problem on Oneplus 5t running Open Beta 21.

Seems to be effect of Android Pies aggressive battery saving policy.

If I lock the app in RAM; padlock in recent apps list it doesn’t happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, what is open beta 21?

Sorry - their latest version of Android Pie. Actually 22 I just noticed

a78966a76f3c5bc8b9717eddabdfe6f7.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

pctroubles

What version of android does it run?

Do you actually read the posts before replying???

As previously posted, the MyGica is running Andriod OS Marshmellow!

@Luke feel free to move my replies to a new thread. Don't want to hijack Mr Angry OP's thread and it seems like mine may be a different issue. Cheers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Edited by akawoz

pctroubles

I have already closed and reopened the app. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I have factory reset the the MyGica box, installed the app and.....still black screen with the arrow. Just sits there and does nothing.

• Like 1

pctroubles

OK....have an update. Now ALL 3 of my boxes are doing this. The last box just updated the Emby app and it is now also broken. When the app opens, I get a black screen and nothing else. I have reviewed the server logs and the device is no even attempting to connect to the server at all.

The device is on my network and can access all other internet sites and local shares. But refuses to connect to the Emby server or even give me the option to select an Emby server to connect to or even all me to access the settings for the app.

Completely broken.

pctroubles

I have installed the apk update on one of the affected boxes. I still only get a black screen but now a message flashes up at the bottom

5c55e8295cefc_20190202_135047.jpg5c55e84b331c5_20190202_135054.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone. New to Emby and coming from plex. We are having the same issue

Running the latest Emby Windows Server on a dedicated box. The Android App works on my Galaxy S9+ but my roommates S7 Edge just does this black screen as described above. We are both using the latest Emby mobile apps and are both on 8.0

Edited by Sinabu
  • Like 1

hi @@Sinabu, does the web app work on his device?

If he goes to the local link it works from within Chrome and can play media

If he tries and loads the app he does get the login page but once he signs in the display rotates to landscape and locks with a blank/black screen. We have no choice but to force close it.

So far though it seems to work ok on my S9+ all be it a little buggy on playback and the roku app seems to work ok

You mean once he signs in and plays, right? That is the only time the app will force the rotation to landscape.

Nope, he never even gets the dashboard. It goes from sign on to black landscape screen. There are no on screen controls etc. We have to force close the app at this point

• 1 month later...
Guest Gravox

Can you please try this version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9am2hgfcj403j8d/MediaBrowser.Mobile-googlearmv7-release.apk?dl=0

Then provide a log from the app. You can learn how to obtain that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/15638-how-to-report-an-android-problem/

Thanks.

I can't seem to run this .apk file. When I click on it, it says it can't read the file. Do you know how I can install this file on my Android device?

You'll be to enable side loading however at this point the apk in that link is the same as the store version.