Sync to any device

binerf

Hi all,

I'm using Emby to share library to family but I was surprised when I discovered that a user can sync any file from its authorized libraries to any device previosuly connected to Emby even if this user has never logged this device (even if this device belongs to another guy).

How is it possible to limit devices to user's devices only that Emby admin has no knowledge of ?

Got it but by default, users are able to sync to all devices previously connected, even devices which belong to other users...

Edited by binerf

• 2 months later...
binerf

Hello,

Is this issue part of future release ?

I'm still worried that someone will sync data to other device and fill up device space..

• 1 year later...

Hi @Luke,

I'm coming back regarding this request.

Any update since your last reply ?

Looks like that users are still able to sync data to other's equipment....

Thanks

Thanks @neik for your suggestion.

Lots of equipment used by users are "Firefox" (seems equipment is based on IP ?) so impossible to limit these users to "known" equipments only...

4 hours ago, binerf said:

Thanks @neik for your suggestion.

Lots of equipment used by users are "Firefox" (seems equipment is based on IP ?) so impossible to limit these users to "known" equipments only...

But you can't sync TO a web browser right?

15 hours ago, cayars said:

But you can't sync TO a web browser right?

Nope, you're right but, from web browser, you can sync to any known devices.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, binerf said:

Under devices you can see which Firefox belongs to which user and you can give them custom device names to identify them more easily.

It might be a bit of work depending on the amount of users but it is feasible.

1 minute ago, neik said:

Under devices you can see which Firefox belongs to which user and you can give them custom device names to identify them more easily.

It might be a bit of work depending on the amount of users but it is feasible.

Yep but for example, I've an user for whom I have several Firefox "devices"... is it based on user's IP ? Because all of his "firefox" devices look the same ("Firefox Emby Web 4.5.4.11" for instance).

If I keep the last Firefox "device", I suppose I'll block this user for the next connexion...