Emby+Kodi: Files not deleting since 4.0

Mechanical Whispers

Mechanical Whispers

After the big update, I've noticed that when I delete a movie or TV show in Kodi, it is removed from the Kodi library. But Emby doesn't delete it from my hard drive, as it did before the 4.0 update. So the next time Kodi refreshes the library from the Emby database, the files show up again in Kodi. Is this a known issue? I was using the temporary beta for Emby while the initial issues were resolved after the update. But I have since auto-updated to the stable Emby version, if that helps.

Edited by Mechanical Whispers
  • Like 1

Mechanical Whispers

And just to confirm, I have only one user in the Emby Dashboard, and all access is turned on, including allow deletion of files.

They way I used to delete something I watched, was in Kodi to use the Context Menu, and choose Manage/Delete from Library. Since the update, this doesn't delete it from Emby, though. If I use the Context Menu and choose Emby Options, Delete From Emby, this DOES delete the file from the hard drive, BUT it does not delete it from my Kodi library. I just want to have it like it was before, when I could use one menu option to BOTH delete it from the Kodi library and delete it from the hard drive at the same time. Can someone confirm if this functionality changed since the Emby 4 update? Or if it's a known issue now?

I am using the latest stable Emby 4.01, EmbyCon 1.84, and Kodi Companion 2.0.9

Edited by Mechanical Whispers

Angelblue05

Please provide your kodi log capturing this issue. I do not have this issue. The functionality has not changed. The way Emby deletes movies has, but it should be working as far as I know.