Emby Server 4.0.1.0 not saving episode progress

johonathan

johonathan

Thank you for the quick reply Luke!

No the episode lengths are missing.

The show is an anime show and I don't use the anime plug-in. I use the TVdb naming scheme and all other metadata is showing correctly.

I looked at another anime show and 2 out of 13 episodes have the length showing. Episode 4 and 11 so it looks very random.

All filenames are named with sonarr so they should be consistently named.

I looked at a couple of regular TV shows and they all seem to have the episode lengths present.

johonathan

I refreshed the metadata and got the runtime for a couple of episodes but far from all of them.

I waited for a hour since I don't know if it's possible to accually see if the refresh of the metadata is complete.

The library is pretty small so I think it should be enough time.

When this didn't work I removed the library and added it again but that didn't seem to work either.

Edited by johonathan

• 2 weeks later...
johonathan

Any progress on this?

I have tried removing all extra plugins and removing the cache folder and library.db in .config folder.

Still no episode lengths for 99% of the episodes.

johonathan

Yes!

I can play a couple of minutes. Quit and resume episode 1. Works like it should.

Episode 2-5 marks the episode as played as soon as I start the episode and quit. Even though I just played 1 min.

Right because it's must not have detected a runtime. can you provide a copy of one of these files for testing? Right now I don't really have much explanation. Thanks.

For me no problems with either of those two videos. We'll have a MacOS beta up soon with an updated ffmpeg. You can try that and see if it helps. Just follow the Testing Area at the bottom of the community. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...