SOLVED - Library not scanning Movies

Seba

Hello.

I've installed Emby Server 4.0.1.0 on ubuntu 18.10. (A Plex Media server is installed there as well, just disabled Emby DLNA support for now).

I've setup 3 libraries, Photos, Movies and TV Shows but only the Movies library is not getting any content.

Currently all 3 libraries are in a folder which is an NFS Mount, i've run a sudo -u emby /bin/bash to check access to all folders and was properly able to read files from the Movies folder (/mnt/Archivos/Peliculas). I've made a soft link to another folder to test it (/mnt/Archivos/Movies) to no avail.

I've enabled debug log but somehow the library is not being populated nor it appears on the logs other than a few mentions of Watch folder.

I'm attaching the logs there. For the record, the Photos library is (by my own standards) big at 350+gb worth of videos and photos.

Thanks for your help on troubleshooting this.

embyserver.txt

Edited by Seba

I've solved the issue. 

Whenever there is a permissions issue on the file it seems that the scanner won't pick any movie from the folder. Now that i've fixed the errors using setfacl (due to an error reading the UID from the emby user) it works properly.

The only way I was able to see the error was using the plugin "Auto Organize"

The error appeared as:

2019-01-29 14:48:54.929 Info TaskManager: IntervalTrigger fired for task: Organize new media files
2019-01-29 14:48:54.929 Info TaskManager: Queueing task OrganizerScheduledTask
2019-01-29 14:48:54.930 Info TaskManager: Executing Organize new media files
2019-01-29 14:48:54.964 Error TaskManager: Error

Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/mnt/Archivos/Peliculas/Nutcracker and the Four Realms, The (2018)' is denied. ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied

Edited by Seba

openprivacy

+1

Since upgrading to 4.x I don't believe new movies have indexed (using the docker-based emby on Xubuntu 18.04). Here's part of the trace - hope it helps.

2019-02-01 16:42:00.849 Error ProviderManager: Error in metadata saver
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.0.0.2
    Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
    Operating system: Unix 4.15.0.44
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Processor count: 8
    Program data path: /config
    Application directory: /system
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/media/....nfo' is denied. ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
     --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Upgraded to 4.0.1.0 and movies are still not indexing. The files are all set with proper mode, owner and group.

openprivacy

PM'd log files.

The scan is still failing - errors out after 2 seconds. Now I believe it's because I renamed some files (removing an errant "BluRay") and the scanner can't find the "new" files which changed names.

Is there some way to force a scan of the library from the file structure - or of particular files?

Edited by openprivacy

• 1 year later...
johnbajer

Hello, I have the same issue. I cannot find a solution. Running Emby on Freenas 11.3 Any help is appreciated.

15 minutes ago, johnbajer said:

Hello, I have the same issue. I cannot find a solution. Running Emby on Freenas 11.3 Any help is appreciated.

Hi there, can you please describe your issue in detail? Thanks.

johnbajer

Hello, after adding the pool, emby sees the folders that are within, but when I scan the library, I got nothing.

Screenshot_2020-07-04_20-00-45.png

Screenshot_2020-07-04_20-00-13.png

Screenshot_2020-07-04_19-59-16.png

Screenshot_2020-07-04_20-34-18.png

Edited by johnbajer

johnbajer

Hello, solved using pdf guide from https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/85123-setting-permissions-in-freenas-113/