Server Notifications - Add TV Series title to available tokens

TheCaptain

TheCaptain

Video Playback notifications currently use {ItemName}, which works perfect for movies, but i cannot tell which TV show it is because it only gives the Episode Title not Series Title. 

Thanks!

• Like 7

mboehler

+1

Also, if space is an issue, perhaps it could just include the Series Name, Season Number and Episode Number and leave out the episode name altogether.

Like this: Revolution - 2x19

We don't want to add this to tokens because it needs to be generic across all media types.  We simply need to be more intelligent about what we consider the "name" of something when it is reported in a message like this.

• 3 weeks later...
TheCaptain

We don't want to add this to tokens because it needs to be generic across all media types.  We simply need to be more intelligent about what we consider the "name" of something when it is reported in a message like this.

Any update on this?

• 9 months later...

Fully agree. Would very much like to see the name of the TV series being shown together with the episode name. 

Any updates?

• 3 months later...
AdrianW

Another bump.

For TV episodes please prefix the episode name with the series name in {ItemName}.

• 1 month later...
drashna

Could you add another friend that you customize the "ItemName" for the TV shows, so we could including whatever data we want?

MrWebsmith

any chance this could be added to the server dashboard both for recent activity and active devices?

• Like 1

CBers

any chance this could be added to the server dashboard both for recent activity and active devices?

+1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Morphy

We don't want to add this to tokens because it needs to be generic across all media types. We simply need to be more intelligent about what we consider the "name" of something when it is reported in a message like this.

I'm sure most users would agree that for tv series a series number and an episode number is a lot more useful than an episode name. I'm not sure anyone identifies by name. This would also be applicable to notifications of new content. How are you supposed to know what an episode is named before it's been added??

the server already does this automatically. so the title in the notification becomes series - episode

Morphy

the server already does this automatically. so the title in the notification becomes series - episode

Well it doesn't show on NMA Edited by Morphy

Morphy

The series name is there?

Sorry, I've hijacked the topic slightly but my post was referring to the episode number and season number not showing in notifications.

Morphy

I think Luke got confused as the topic title is referring to the series name not displaying. However it went ot and someone mentioned no plan to have an episode number token for notifications and I picked this up after searching for a related thread. Maybe I should create another thread or log a feature request?

Edited by Morphy