Emby For Kodi - Home Videos Decision Revert?

sulvione

sulvione

Long time user, first time poster  :)

I've been using Emby for Kodi for years with no issue until an update got applied yesterday. Looked the changelog and saw:

• Homevideos & photos type libraries are located under pictures add-ons. This is to prevent errors for picture content.

Now I get the intention behind this for users who use Home Video and Photos for actual home videos. The issue I'm running into is a mix of an Emby with Kodi issue and Emby itself.

Ultimately if you're storing videos on Emby, you have Movies, TV, Music Videos, and 'Home Videos and Photos'. It's effectively an Other category as far as the userbase is concerned  Personally I use it for storing local downloads from Twitch - so videos ranging from 2 minutes to 24h+, lost frames, imperfections everywhere, etc. They can't really be stored under the other categories or I'd have to generate NFOs for every piece of media as there's no way it's going to be scraped correctly.

I appreciate this isn't a common use-case, but I don't have a good alternative and it's been a perfect process for years with adding media under folder hierarchies and everything working perfectly.

Now after this update at best I'm able to see the videos under the Photos section, but because that was never intended to really hold videos on Kodi's end there's no synced watched/resume progress (at least visibie on my end). Prior to the update I'd be able to watch/resume this media across all of my devices seamlessly, and it's an use-case Emby has that the competitors can't touch.

On my end I'll either have to completely redefine 90% of my libraries, or have them stored completely separately from all of my videos. Either of those methods mean my watch/resume data is destroyed, not a good sign for 6m+ videos per-stream... Or I'm going to have to stop using Emby for Kodi  :(

I appreciate the work that's gone into 4.0.0, but is there anyway to either opt-out of this somewhat arbitrary reclassification, or to redefine my side to make sure this won't happen again in the future?

Thank you

sulvione

Oh thank you! I didn't expect that quick of a turnaround in the decision. Was there a particular issue that caused this choice to be made in the first case?