Not playing videos

emmettf

Angelblue05

Do you have the plugin.video.emby files opened somewhere?

15:45:37.612 T:44732   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Rename - Error renaming file C:\Users\schoo\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby
15:45:37.612 T:44732   ERROR: Failed to move old addon files from 'C:\Users\schoo\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby' to 'C:\Users\schoo\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\temp\f5bc3428-83da-4ff7-b504-e02ed0d28196' 
Edited by Angelblue05

arrbee99

The only place I could find was I had windows explorer open at the directory where 4.0.1f had been downloaded too. I closed that (and all the other explorer windows I had open) and it installed fine after that.

Thanks very much.

Also, movies seem to start fine now from the Show Information screen, which is great :) 

A little nitpick is that when I press Play in the Show Information screen it goes back the the previous (list of movies) screen while its starting to play.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Glad that it works. And that is normal Kodi behavior for the info dialog to close as you press play. Nothing that can be changed about this in the add-on.

arrbee99

Also, not a Emby thing I know, but would anyone happen to know if its possible to edit a Smart Playlist at all. Can't find an Edit option anywhere so I guess not ?

Angelblue05

Depends. If it is a smart playlist you created, then yes. Under videos > playlists > open the context menu on the playlist you want to edit.

For video nodes, you can edit the files within Kodi userdata > library > video. You'll see all the files that show up under the Video shortcut. Alternative maybe? I've never used this, but there's an add-on that seem to be able to edit those files too

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Library_Node_Editor

arrbee99

Depends. If it is a smart playlist you created, then yes. Under videos > playlists > open the context menu on the playlist you want to edit.

For video nodes, you can edit the files within Kodi userdata > library > video. You'll see all the files that show up under the Video shortcut. Alternative maybe? I've never used this, but there's an add-on that seem to be able to edit those files too

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Library_Node_Editor

Nodes, sounds to difficult for me. Context menu sounds useful, and is now that I've found out how to access it - press c on the keyboard in my case. Thanks again.

• Like 1

FreshDog

Please use the available version 4.0.1

Version 4.0.1 didn't work for me either.

That's why I looked for a solution here.

But today I've tested the new v4.0.3.

The new version works for me too and I can play videos again.

Thank you very much for the update.

• Like 1

necrosis

Is the issue back again? Can't seem to play directly from v18 official release with a Aeon MQ7 Leia modded skin.

Movies do not play. TV series work without any issue.

Went back from 4.0.5 to 4.0.1f and it works again.

If I use the movies short-cut from home the movies do play...

Angelblue05

Edit: your skin is calling mages and so, your requested movie gets stalled.

Stay on 4.0.4 until this is resolved.

Which skin are you using by the way?

Will put a build together for you to test.

Edited by Angelblue05