Not playing videos

emmettf

emmettf

Hi, I just updated to Kodi 18.0-RC5 two or three days ago. Since around then emby has stopped working.

I have installed different versions of embyand reset the database a few times. It is connecting to the server and downloading the new movies/TV shows, but when I click on play it just freezes for about a minute and then nothing.

Log - https://paste.kodi.tv/leyabubele

Thanks in advance

I installed embycon and that's playing fine.

emmettf

Pellucid. I think you may have already solved the problem for me. I switched back to estuary and it worked again and then switched back to Pellucid again and it stopped again.

I've just tested it there using estuary for the last 20 minutes and haven't had any problems.

Thanks a million!

• Like 1

Angelblue05

One more question. Because it seems to be an issue with the way playback starts. Do you have play next video enabled under Kodi settings and if you are still on Pellucid, does playback then work with that setting disabled?

emmettf

I'm using Kodi on Xbox One. I opened File manager but don't see any userdata folder. Am I missing something or is it something that's missing on Xbox?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I'm using Kodi on Xbox One. I opened File manager but don't see any userdata folder. Am I missing something or is it something that's missing on Xbox?

According to your log, it says it's located here: U:\Users\UserMgr1\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalState\userdata

emmettf

I can access the location but the advanced settings.xml file doesn't exist and I have no way to create a file in that location.

If you have any ideas let me know because I'm a bit clueless at the moment.

emmettf

Ok, so I just create a blank .XML file and copy this:

<advancedsettings> <network> <curlretries>20</curlretries> <!-- Amount of retries for certain failed libcurl operations (e.g. timeout) --> </network>

</advancedsettings>

and place it the user data folder. Is that correct?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

The file is correct. The file is located on E, not D right? Are you able to access E from the file manager? You can check under Add sources

emmettf

No, windows is assigning the drive E, but the xbox is assigning it d.The drive is now disconnected from the xbox and "removable disk (D)" is no longer appearing in Kodi.

Angelblue05

You can only copy media via usb. That's why I said over the network. Otherwise you'd have to name your file advancedsettings.mp3, copy it, then rename it to advancedsettings.xml

Sorry I should have mentioned that sooner.

Angelblue05

@@emmettf

I think I see what the issue is. It's because of script skin helper. That's why you don't see the issue with Estuary.

Edit: Not script skin helper, but it's doing something funky with the artwork. I will test with the skin and let you know.

http://127.0.0.1:57578/emby/kodi/movies/22390/?KodiId=343&Name=Mad+Max+%281979%29+Remux-1080p.mkv&Id=22390extrafanart:
Edited by Angelblue05

arrbee99

Talking about not playing videos, would this  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=339836  be related or something completely different do you think ?

Not sure if stupid link works but it just said this...

I have Kodi Leia RC5 and this skin on a Windows PC using Emby for Kodi as a database source. I also have the same on a 2nd gen FireTV box.

It seems on both devices if in Settings > Media > Videos > Default Select Action > Play then stuff plays fine.

But...

It seems on both devices if in Settings > Media > Videos > Default Select Action > Show Information and then select Play from the Information screen, nothing will play, and sometimes in Windows Kodi has to be force closed.

Edited by arrbee99