3D with subtitles on DLNA

dnanielsen

dnanielsen

Hi, I'm having difficulties getting subtitles to work on DLNA with my LG.

It doesn't recognize any subtitles, internal or embedded. The coded for internal is VobSub, while I've also tried extracting to sub/idx coded, but it doesn't show up at all. In the LG app however, subtitles are working but there I have another issue where the picture is stretched too thin, with much bigger black bars over/under than I'm seeing in DLNA with the normal picture. 

post-246418-0-48653500-1548580589_thumb.png

post-246418-0-74536700-1548580609_thumb.png

post-246418-0-04961800-1548580617_thumb.png

dnanielsen

Attached log files and two pictures, first picture is DLNA where you can see subtitle option is completely grayed out, and in the second from LG app you can see the subtitles working, but there is a problem with screen ratio. And also, DLNA is direct playing while Emby app is transcoding. 

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-815db333-ea8c-4eae-a314-5ab54ae12c32_1.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-df59f984-2c33-4758-a1e5-bc125fc3c318_1.txt

post-246418-0-39447500-1548652909_thumb.jpg

post-246418-0-82338800-1548652915_thumb.jpg

Edited by dnanielsen

If you transcode this file in the web app on a PC or smartphone, do you get the same aspect ratio problem?

dnanielsen

That is another different behavior in the webapp.

1. DLNA plays with the right aspect ratio, but there is no way to turn on the subtitles.

2. Emby LG app plays with the wrong aspect ratio (it stretches the picture tiny), but subtitles is working.

3. Webapp plays with the wrong aspect ratio, it looks the same as on LG app but differentiate in that it doubles the picture side by side. Subtitles is working.

Subtitles on DLNA might not be working because it direct plays, where as the LG app and Webapp is transcoding? I have added the dvdsub format in transcoding profiles for LG. I want to direct play the file. Is there anything else I need to look at in the transcoding profiles that could fix this?

dnanielsen

3. Is testing webapp on the Windows 10 computer emby is running.

I also tested webapp on LG now and I'm getting the same result as your webos app on LG, described in section 2 last post.

dnanielsen

Yes, there must be something wrong with the HSBS formatting in the LG webos app. 

Regarding to getting subtitles on DLNA, is there anything different I can do in the DLNA profiles for LG? And still have it direct play? 

This is what I have in settings for Direct play, while the other tabs (transcoding, containers etc) are empty. 

post-246418-0-74926600-1548913436_thumb.png

And this is the Subtitle profiles. I have tried adding the file extensions with different Method and Didl mode, I'm not sure exactly which one I should use?

post-246418-0-77049900-1548913595_thumb.png

In mkv extract I am seeing this information for the video file: 

post-246418-0-91961300-1548913736_thumb.png

dnanielsen

The information I found says the .sub format is supported, but not the .idx format, and 3D movies need both to get subtitles. I tried playing the file through USB, and it doesn't show subtitles, but aspect ratio is fine. 

I tried getting DLNA to transcode the file, but I'm not sure how the profile settings are supposed to be, it direct plays no matter what I try. Any help on getting it to transcode via DLNA? I can't play the movie through the LG app because of the wrong aspect ratio. 

I tried getting DLNA to transcode the file, but I'm not sure how the profile settings are supposed to be, it direct plays no matter what I try. Any help on getting it to transcode via DLNA?

We  need to improve the Dlna user profile interface to make this process easier. In the meantime you may find some info here from a user who needed to enable transcoding for his device:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/68777-dlna-on-panasonic/&do=findComment&comment=696473

Thanks.