Library Sync Seems to Get Stuck When Syncing a Large Series

njiska

Kodi Version: Leia RC5

Emby Version: 3.5.0.2 (Running on 32-bit QNAP NAS. Highest Version currently available in QNAP CLUB)

Emby for Kodi Version: 4.0.1

Upgraded Kodi to Leia RC5 inorder to address a video rendering issue with my Ubuntu machine. Following the upgrade Emby for Kodi failed, so I upgraded to the beta branch; I believe it was 3.1.44a. Performed a database reset as requested by the addon. Added my libraries and began syncing. Sync worked fine until it encountered a series with a very large number of episodes (over 1500). Sync appears to get stuck on this series and then eventually times out.

Error message displayed:

Something went wrong during the sync. You'll be able to restore progress when Restarting Kodi. If the problem persists please report on the Emby for Kodi forums, with your Kodi log.

Resuming the sync results in the same hang and the same error.

Uploaded log is following a DB reset to ensure the cleanest records.

https://paste.kodi.tv/hugohuhuku

Angelblue05

Can you post your server log from that time as well.

Looks like your server is crashing or simply not responding anymore, when the add-on queries the episodes for Kamen Rider.

Sure.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17tX5RnLy1IxrqctkpUmB5KzoBZ41QASM/view?usp=sharing

I should also add, if I remove the Kamen Rider directory from Emby the scan will continue without issue until it hits my Super Sentai series entry which also has a very large number of episodes, more than the Kamen rider directory, and demonstrates a similar time out error.

My other system, running Kodi 17.6 with the previous non-beta version of Emby for Kodi, continues to be able to sync these two directories, even after a DB reset.

Angelblue05

Ok, that's because it retried until it got a response from your server.. I'll make sure it doesn't get stuck like that, but still... not normal for your server to take so long to respond either.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@Luke

Can you check the server log posted above. The server seems really slow to respond when querying 15 episodes from a show with a lot of episodes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
njiska

UPDATE:

This never ended up working with the QNAP Club version of Emby 3.5. Last week I got feed up and took the time to remove it and install 4.0.2.0. Since doing this Kodi has been able to successfully sync the large series, though the Emby server barely responds while the initial sync occurs.

• Like 1