Removing library from Home page when not existing in Libraries...

Napo_Leon
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Napo_Leon

I recently wanted to try to add a 'Download' directory to show up as a library in Emby so I could watch freshly downloaded content. This content does not need to be scanned and scraped since a lot will not make it to the collection....

Therefore I created a library called 'Download' and tried the category 'Mixed content', this however led to many unwanted and non-existing content being added (for instance also to collections). So I decide to remove this library and re-created it with the category 'Home videos & photos'. Still the issues remained and I deleted it again.

But then 2 buttons called 'Download' showed up in the Emby Home page. I did a 'Scan all Libraries' and 1 button disappeared. But there is still 1 button remaining.

How can I get rid of this now??

My library view: 

5c4cb1b4d5096_Library.png

And my Home view:

5c4cb1d0b5a42_home.png

Is there a way to manually strip this button from the home page?

And: Is there a way to just add a library which will just list as a folder (no scraping whatsoever) ?

Thanks,

L

Happy2Play

And: Is there a way to just add a library which will just list as a folder (no scraping whatsoever) ?

Content type Home Videos and Photos the only enabled option by default is Image Screen grabber.  What are you seeing with this content type?

his content does not need to be scanned and scraped

All content has to be scanned as Emby needs Media Information to determine how to play the media.

• Solution

Alternatively to what happy2play said, you can add a library using any content type you wish and then just disable the internet metadata providers.

• Like 1

Napo_Leon

Thanks all! 

A complete rescan again did the trick. Button is gone again.

Created a new Library with Home videos and photos and is working fine now...

Really don't know what happened before, sorry.