download button not activated?

Compie

On an Android device I can view & stream anything + the possibility to "download" and selected image (= opening the original photo from the server).

But on an IOS client (ipad, iphone,...) I can view & stream but I can't download anything? The download button is visible (the arrow button) but It does nothing...

Any ideas or a workaround for this?

On IOS it is also not possible to Chromecast...

What version of iOS? You need iOS 11+.

And Chromecast is fully supported. Works just fine in my testing. Thanks.

Hi, the latest IOS is active. Perhaps also important is that I use the browser interface (ip-address:8096)...

On Android both interfaces work fine (app and browser) ; on IOS the app won't let me view any movie or images, that's the reason why I used the browser interface.

Using the browser I can view the images and videos now but downloading images is disabled...

Hi Luke,

My  IOS devices all have version 12+. Here included a screenshots from my iPad (version 12.1.1) :

5c4d8f0ebcbaf_IMG_20190127_111129592.jpg

And here a screenshot from an Android device :

5c4d8f634e267_Screenshot_20190127111449.

samuelqwe

If you are using Emby in your browser, this seems to be a limitation of the Safari browser on iOS devices. Unfortunately, it does not allow downloading files like Android.

EDIT: Workaround would be to allow iOS clients to open the image in a new tab, and that way we can long press/3D touch to save

Edited by samuelqwe

Hiding the button is indeed a solution but I don't understand why it is not possible to download an image in IOS? The thing is it is not really a "download to the internal IOS photo album" but just a simple hyperlink to the original image on the server. Once we click it then it is up to IOS what to do with that image... ?