IOS app doesn’t auto refresh

heula

When I have the my media page on Google Chrome all new items are added and visible without refreshing the page.

When I have the my media page open on my iPad the new media does not appear until I it is refreshed. There is no refresh button so I need to switch between the dashboard and the my media page or kill the app and reopen it to see all the changes.

Can this be fixed or perhaps add a refresh button?

Also sometimes switching screens does not help either and keeps the page loading but nothing is visible except for the library icons. Than only killing the app helps.

Thanks.

Edited by heula
  • Like 2

What media page?

The Home page / Start page.

The page where all new media etc. is visible.

tezzlicious

When the app is not (hard) closed via the app switcher it contains its state as is in the background. When there are library updates in the meantime, they are not reflected in the app when the user opens it again. Because there is no manual refresh option (i.e. pulling down on the main view) the user has to close the app hard and launch it again to see the new videos.

• Like 1

When the app is not (hard) closed via the app switcher it contains its state as is in the background. When there are library updates in the meantime, they are not reflected in the app when the user opens it again. Because there is no manual refresh option (i.e. pulling down on the main view) the user has to close the app hard and launch it again to see the new videos.

Yes, this is what I mean.

New added video or what is now playing or watch resume are not being refreshed automaticly.

Pulling down the screen does not work.

The metadata manager also still not loading in the ios app.

I have mentioned that here some time ago.

Can you give an example of what screens? Thanks.

The metadata manager also still not loading in the ios app.

I have mentioned that here some time ago.

What does not loading mean? What exactly happens?

What does not loading mean? What exactly happens?

LhoVRaX.jpg

olQbiMW.jpg

I can keep trying to load the metadata manager in the IOS app and every time this is the result.

Can you give an example of what screens? Thanks.

This screen does not auto refresh.

ysANoMm.jpg

• 1 month later...
heula

The refresh still does not always work but I can live with that.

I would rather see the metadata manager working again in the ios app. Like I showed with the pictures from post 10.

Thanks

• 5 months later...
vdatanet

Can you implement pull down to refresh? If the home screen has outdated data that is not updated itself, the user hopes to update it by pulling down.

• 3 weeks later...

The metadatamangager still doesn't work in de latest IOS app. It doesn't load a thing. It works in well when I load the Emby Dashboard in a browser on my iPad.

Mentioned some time ago here.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
casperr0426

I just switched over to Emby, well still running Plex, but this is one thing I have noticed as well. On my iPhone and iPad, when I open the app after using it before, it does not auto refresh. It will only refresh if I hard close the app, and re-open again. With Plex, I pull down the screen and it refreshes. The last update on this thread was 2019, was this not implemented? If so, is there any plans?

5 hours ago, casperr0426 said:

I just switched over to Emby, well still running Plex, but this is one thing I have noticed as well. On my iPhone and iPad, when I open the app after using it before, it does not auto refresh. It will only refresh if I hard close the app, and re-open again. With Plex, I pull down the screen and it refreshes. The last update on this thread was 2019, was this not implemented? If so, is there any plans?

Hi, we'll look at improving it. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 3

rodainas

A pulldown for autorefresh for every page/screen on iOS/Android apps would be a good idea, on my iOS  device for getting refreshed/new content i have to go back to previous page or re-select the home screen.

Edited by rodainas
Typo