Emby Theater Installation.

Trev22

Hi, Installed EMBY Theater which seems to work fine. However, when I shut the computer down and next log on its no longer there. It still shows as being installed in programs and features. I have my system booting into EMBY Theater on startup as I used to with WMC, but it`s missing when I next power up. The server is installed on the same machine as this is the only machine I want it on. Why is this happening? Thanks.

How was it added to your startup folder? if you did that manually, then instead use the option in the app to run at startup. Please let us know if this helps. thanks.

Hi, I did do it manually to start off with and then ticked it in the settings as you said. The issue seems to have sorted itself out now. That said everytime I select shutdown I get an error ding and a dialog error message box before it does, but it goes far too quickly to read it. The best I got was something to with roaming?

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure about the dialog. Could be related to anything. Maybe there's something in windows event viewer about it. Thanks.

Hi, appreciate the reply and I cant find anything obvious in the Windows Event Viewer, not that I know how to actually read it. I can tell you its a Java Script Error in the main process and by photographing it on shutdown I made out the following - C\USER\MEDIACENTER\APPDATA\ROAMING\EMBY-THEATER\SYSTEM..............................Cant make anything out after that. It does mention above what I have written here about something is not defined. Other lines mention child process. Can you help any further as to what may be causing this? Thanks.

Hi, will try again later although as it happens on shut down I doubt I will be able to get one? Just out of curiosity, could it be a bad installation? I never get a dialog box at the end of the installation confirming the program has installed. I only get a box asking if I want to install the driver for the remote control to work, and after that nothing. Cheers.

post-4086-0-49247100-1548785600_thumb.jpgHi, a reinstall made no difference and still no confirmation that EMBY has installed correctly. I have uploaded the image of the error and its the best I can get. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Trev22

Hi, I couldn't find anything in event viewer - that said I am not that confident I know where to look, or what to look for? Unless I can solve the issue there is no point in me having this on my computer which would be a shame. Cheers.

Guest asrequested

I haven't. If Java is the issue, could an existing installation of Java have anything to do with this? Something getting corrupt?

Trev22

Well I have installed a fresh copy of windows - windows is up to date, all my drivers are up to date. Installed a fresh copy of the server and Theater but still get the same issue on shutting down from the Theater screen. Select shutdown and then I get the error ding, dialog box as original picture posted above and then the computer shuts down. Thanks for looking into it.

post-4086-0-87666300-1552242714_thumb.jpg

Trev22

Hi, is there any chance you can check your download is not corrupt? Someone else has tried this and gets exactly the same problem as me? Cheers.