AS6204t - Web Interface Not Available after install

MadMeddler

MadMeddler

Here you go again...

I've decided to dip my toes in Emby to use with my Kodi installations and thought the best way forward was to install it on my NAS (which has behaved beautifully with other applications).

Checked the latest version available from the built-in ADM and found 4.0.1.0

Installed this without issues, but the web interface doesn't appear.

Checked /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral and found the emby-server folder in place

However (having looked at other posts here), I don't see an emby folder within /volume1/home

No sign of an emby process running within top

init.d has K50 and S50 entries for emby-server

Reboot hasn't helped.

Where should I begin to diagnose?

I'm no linux expert, but I can find my way around in ssh ;-)

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Hi there, what do you mean exactly by this?

but the web interface doesn't appear.

Thanks !

MadMeddler

It's certainly started as far as the ADM is concerned. However, as originally stated, I don't see any processes running from the command line and there's no sign of any logs.

After another reboot, I can see that emby-server.pid is created - so the emby-server starts, but again I don't see any logs.

Is the firmware up to date? Asustor tested the 4.0.1 release themselves and did not report anything like this. Thanks.

MadMeddler

OK, so I gave a few things a try.

I read through the post-install.sh file and noted that it was referring to a folder that didn't exist (/home/emby), so I created that folder and then SU ran the post-install.sh again. This seems to have done the trick - at least the web gui finally made an appearance.

Thanks for the help Luke.

alucryd

@@MadMeddler Did you create an emby user prior to installing the package? The only time the home directory isn't created upon installation is when an emby user has already been created, supposedly by this very package, not an outside source.

• 1 month later...
MadMeddler

@@alucryd Not to my recollection. However, there could have been a user from a previous install I suppose. The user account doesn't show up through the GUI and I wouldn't have thought to check from the CLI before installing. If that is a possibility though, it might be worth error-trapping that in some way - assuming that's a possibility.

Thanks for following up - sorry I missed this reply at the time, I think my mail client squelched the mail :-(

• 2 weeks later...
Saihan

I also had the same problem from previous installations but resolved it by deleting emby user through SSH and reinstalling Emby.

Edited by Saihan