No automatic sync to smartphone

neik

Hi guys,

in the last couple of days I have been using the download function of the Android App more thoroughly.

I downloaded a season and set it up to automatically downnload new episodes when added.

As soon as I add a new episode it is detected and on my phone it jumps directly to "ready to transfer" but the download doesn't start.

Also had a look at the Emby folder and can't find any transcoded file in it that could be transfered to my phone.

Emby server is running latest stable (4.0.1.0)

Android App is the latest available (3.0.31) - I am in the beta program

Anything I can provide to narrow this down?

Thanks!

Edited by neik

Forgot about the logs, sorry.

Anyway, here we go:

I rotated the log just before I added a new episode and started the scan in the scheduled tasks.

Right after the scan the new episode was immediately shown as ready to transfer on my phone and that can't be possible as the transcode will take about 30min.

Attached is the server log, one screenshot of the Android app before the scan and one immediately after the scan.

One more thing: Adding one episode took the server 10min to scan, this wasn't happening before the update to 4.x.

Anything in particular you can see related to this?

Thanks Luke.

embyserver.txt

post-245525-0-32874200-1548509470_thumb.png

post-245525-0-92254800-1548509479_thumb.png

Edited by neik

@@Luke, 3.0.33 of the Android seem to have helped. Just added a new episode and it is currently converting it.

Will keep an eye on it

Edited by neik

@@Luke

Well, after further testing I am having the same issue a described above.

It actually just automatically synced a new added episode that one time and never again.

@@Luke, @@softworkz.

I found a way to work around this issue:

On the screenshots I put in the post above if I click on save it will start converting and transferring the episodes.

You can reproduce this pretty easy.

1. Choose a random tv show

2. Put as max. episodes to be download something like 2,3,4, etc.

3. Let the download finish

4. Change the first downloaded episode to "as watched"

5. Let the server / app recognize this

6. You will see the app will remove the watched episode and add another in the queue, where it gets stuck as described in my previous posts.

7. Go to the sync screen in the app

8. Open up the tv show you added in step 1 / 2

9. Click on save at the bottom and it will transfer the latest episode.

It would be much appreciated if I could get some feedback on this!

You just have to give it a little time for the app background sync process to run. The sync screen just happens to force it, but if you give it time it will run on it's own. Thanks.

Hi @@Luke,

I think I found the issue on my setup.

The scheduled task "convert media" didn't have a schedule in it so it would never start.

I put a task in it running regularly and now it converts the episodes automatically.

Only thing I still have to do is open the Emby app so it starts downloading the file. If I don't open the app it will not download the file but this might be related to energy saving options on the smartphone I guess.

If I find some time I will try to disable all the energy saving options for the Emby app and see if it downloads the file right away.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks!

I probably deleted it some time as I didn't really know what it was for. Now I do see how essential it is.

Only thing I still have to do is open the Emby app so it starts downloading the file. If I don't open the app it will not download the file but this might be related to energy saving options on the smartphone I guess.

If I find some time I will try to disable all the energy saving options for the Emby app and see if it downloads the file right away.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks!

Disabling the engery saving settings for the Emby app solved the last issue I was having.

Thanks!
Edited by neik