Cannot Connect with Samsung TV

arklyte

Hello,

I have just installed the Emby Server on my media server and after installing the app on my Samsung TV Model UN60JS700D it will not connect.

When I attempt to do the pin through emby.media it says "Pin Confirmed" and then on the TV tells me the server is unavailable.  When I manually type in the "local address" after pressing SKIP on the TV it just does a swirling white circle for a little while and then tells me it cannot connect and I should turn on my Emby Server; however, the server is already on.  When I go through a web browser on my other computer I am able to connect to the Emby Media server with no issue.

Is my TV not supported by Emby?

I have the latest Samsung Firmware for my device ( 1530 ) and I have the most recent Emby App which shows as being updated as of 1/17/19.

Thank you!

FrostByte

Your 2015 should be supported.  Is your TV connected to the Internet at the time your try?  I get that message sometimes when my TV isn't connected

Yes, it is connected and all of my other apps hulu/netflix/amazon etc all work fine.   My TV and my media server are also both connected through ethernet not wireless; so they are 100% on the same internal network as well.  I used plex for years but they recently stopped supporting my model of TV and I am trying to find a local media alternative for my household.

Edited by arklyte

Hi, so the other computer is different from your server machine? Are you able to connect to your server from a smartphone?

Yes, the other computer is different from my server machine. And as soon as I downloaded the app on my phone on my network it instantly connected to the Emby Server.

FrostByte

Did anyone at Plex say why they weren't supporting your TV anymore?  Kind of odd since your TV is running Tizen

When I asked I was told it was because the app for my TV was third party developed and no longer being supported.  Additionally, you guys have already responded faster/better than I've ever received at plex even being a lifetime member.  I also thought it was strange since Plex was working until it just all of a sudden wasn't.  It's just plex that has the issue, all my other apps are working fine so I decided to try Emby after seeing it listed as an alternative to plex but now appear to be having the same issue.

FrostByte

I really don't know.  You might have to wait for the smart guys Luke and SamES to get back online.

Have you by chance tried using the web browser on the TV to connect to Emby server? 

Do you have DLNA enabled on the server?  You could try connecting to the server using that, or send something from the server to the TV using DLNA

If nothing else those would prove you can connect.

Sorry, just got back to check.

Using the web browser it will not connect.  I used the local web address as listed in the embry dashboard.  The same address allows my other computer and my mobile to both connect.

• Like 1

hmm, I've tried to look but I can't really find any that allow me to adjust anything.  I'm going to try factor reseting the TV and see what happens with that!  I really appreciate all the help; this is absolutely bizarre as far as problems go.

So, strange update.  Disconnecting my network cable and connecting with the wireless allows me to access Emby; but still not Plex.  So I think Plex is dead for good or somehow my model if Tizen is not supported but whatever is wrong with Emby just appears to be tied to my wired connection.  Bizarrely, I can connect to everything else so there must be some sort of port blocking issue or something that is preventing my Samsung from talking to anything on my local network but which is allowing it to access the internet as a whole when it's wired but not when it's wireless.

Edit: There are no selectable network or security settings that I can change on the TV.

Edited by arklyte

buenso80

Hi guys. I seem to have the same problem on my android tv and apple tv: Logging in with Connect or typing in the ip address, does not reach the server (it does in emby web player on my pc) ? Haven´t tried with my phone yet..

Edit: On the iphone app, my server ticks in as an invite when logging in with "connect" pressing the server icon results in "unable to connect to server" ?

Still works on my pc (webplayer) . It´s a remote server..

Edited by buenso80

Hi guys. I seem to have the same problem on my android tv and apple tv: Logging in with Connect or typing in the ip address, does not reach the server (it does in emby web player on my pc) ? Haven´t tried with my phone yet..

Edit: On the iphone app, my server ticks in as an invite when logging in with "connect" pressing the server icon results in "unable to connect to server" ?

Still works on my pc (webplayer) . It´s a remote server..

Hi there, I would suggest checking out our Connection Troubleshooter:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Connectivity

Please try the steps listed there and let us know which ones succeed, and which ones do not. thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
wozmoore

Hi, i seem to have exactly the same issue.used plex for years on a samsung smart tv,   samsung ue65ks9000, getting black screens after an update so thought id try emby as an alternative.installed fine on windows 10 pc,loaded programs and films fine. but cant connect to it on phone, table or tv. 

tv sees server name , hit connect and fails with message ensure server is running.tried emby connect, enter pin number on pc , tv spins for a few seconds then shows server but fails again.something is getting through ok as it registers pin ok. cant connect with ip address on web browser of tv,phone or tablet. went through your connection document and ports are forwarded fine through windows firewall and router.

did arklyte ever resolve the problem ?

Hi, i seem to have exactly the same issue.used plex for years on a samsung smart tv,   samsung ue65ks9000, getting black screens after an update so thought id try emby as an alternative.installed fine on windows 10 pc,loaded programs and films fine. but cant connect to it on phone, table or tv. 

tv sees server name , hit connect and fails with message ensure server is running.tried emby connect, enter pin number on pc , tv spins for a few seconds then shows server but fails again.something is getting through ok as it registers pin ok. cant connect with ip address on web browser of tv,phone or tablet. went through your connection document and ports are forwarded fine through windows firewall and router.

did arklyte ever resolve the problem ?

Hi there, please check out our Connection Troubleshooter. Please try the steps listed there and let us know which ones succeed and which ones do not. Thanks !

wozmoore
ive followed those instructions.dashboard shows emby server up to date, port 8096, home lan 192.168.0.12, 

ive tried typing this address on the tv,tablet and phone in browser but it times out .in emby app it says we're unable to connect to the server right now.please ensure it is running and try again when i type this address in

ive checked port 80 for inbound and outbound rules,also the router.

my pc is a dell t5810 which is what it has named my server. on the tv and tablet it shows server as t5810 so it is connecting somewhere.