Emby for Kodi Plays TV, Not Movies

atomicmoon
Go to solution Solved by atomicmoon,

atomicmoon

First, thank you for all your work on the Emby for Kodi 4.0 release!
I just did a fresh install and other than a couple early morning fog moments, everything installed and synced as intended.

I restarted Kodi after Emby addon setup and my media populated my library categories, but the odd, (at least to me) part is that my tv shows are playing perfectly, but my movies will not play at all.
Movies tell me, they are no longer in the library. 

I looked in my log and it gave a credential error 1219. 

I also noticed, and this could be nothing at all, but when I look at my media paths in Kodi they appear as if they are missing a, "/".
https://i.imgur.com/Gw2q2MB.png

the path is, smb://192.168.86.2/Home/Movies/ but above the / is not after Movies. Again this could be just a visual goof and Kodi just isn't showing the character, but I at least wanted to mention.

Here's another sample

https://i.imgur.com/DVvprI0.png

For reference, my movies library does work in the Emby web ui, Emby for Android Tv, and everywhere else.

I'm attaching my log, at the bottom is the error I'm mentioning. Please don't judge me for my username. We all do dumb things we regret.

kodi.log

sualfred

13:56:44.933 T:20004 WARNING: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Can't connect to "\\192.168.86.2\Home" with username "plex" and with password because of conflict of credential. Will try to close current connections.

You did a complete reinstall, didn't you?

Have you added the smb path + credentials to Kodi again? 

Go to system -> file manager -> add source -> browse -> add network location -> smb -> add your stuff + credentials etc

After that please try if you manually can connect to this added path in the file manager.

atomicmoon

13:56:44.933 T:20004 WARNING: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Can't connect to "\\192.168.86.2\Home" with username "plex" and with password because of conflict of credential. Will try to close current connections.

You did a complete reinstall, didn't you?

Have you added the smb path + credentials to Kodi again? 

Go to system -> file manager -> add source -> browse -> add network location -> smb -> add your stuff + credentials etc

After that please try if you manually can connect to this added path in the file manager.

Hi and thanks for the reply!

Yes, I did manually add my server and my storage paths to Kodi, I believe that's why my TV episodes are working correctly.

My tv shows and Movies are on the same storage device, just in different folders. All credentials to access the entire root of that drive are the same.

I just successfully played a movie in the above mentioned locations through Kodi's file manager, so I believe my paths and credentials are correct.

sualfred

Strange. It's working on my end and I do not have a missing / in my items. 

How does your shared networkfolder path looks like in Emby?

• Solution
atomicmoon

Strange. It's working on my end and I do not have a missing / in my items. 

How does your shared networkfolder path looks like in Emby?

Bingo!

It looks like this:

smb://192.168.86.2/Home/Movies (notice no / at the end) lol

And it shouldn't have anything lol. That was from trial and error on the beta and I guess I never removed it when I switched to Embycon and it has not come up since.

I'm betting if I were to add the / to the end everything would work fine, but I'm just going to remove it all together since Emby works with Kodi without the substitutions in my other libraries.

Feeling like a bonehead, but I appreciate you guiding me down the path to the solution! 

I will report back with success after a re sync.

• Like 2

atomicmoon

Profit!

I'm rocking on my backup client! As soon as they release a final Kodi 18 I'll duplicate on my main client.

Thanks again, and thank you and all of the Kodi for Emby developers! 

• Like 2