Unable to connect via roku app or browser

Aknight2015

Aknight2015

I've installed the app on my TV, and the emby server on my android (Tab A running 8.1). I've followed all the directions as best I can. Still my TV wont connect, and the external ip isn't viable. I'm including screenshot to help.

post-414705-0-53035700-1548299729_thumb.jpg

post-414705-0-06666200-1548299739_thumb.jpg

I am also having this issue on my Nvidia Shield TV. I can configure the Emby Server via chrome on the Shield but when I try to do it on a browser on my MacBook via Chrome or Safari it will not display the page which is really frustrating. 

I have also renamed the server to "Shield Server" which shows up but when I try to connect to it I get the message "We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again."

Ok I think that I have possibly found the issue. I opened up a browser & input the IP address of my Nvidia Shield TV with :8096 at the end & I was able to login. It would seem that the Emby server IP address will not open so maybe that address is incorrect?

Edited by manc01

The port is open but the address is incorrect. When I entered the IP address of the shield I can configure things from a browser but I am having difficulty connecting to my home setup because the IP address is incorrect for my share. Is there a way to edit the share address or get the correct one to be displayed?

What do you mean the address is incorrect? Where is it incorrect?

Where it says in home lan access it is wrong. It suggests 192.168.49.1 (from memory I'm not home) which I cannot access from a browser.

If I go to the correct IP address 192.168.9:8096 in a browser then I can configure it using a Web browser.

Is there a way to get it to display the correct IP address or edit it to the correct one? I cannot access my home network files with it like this...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Hi.  Yes, you should be able to configure it to use the proper address.

Can you explore the settings and see if you can find that?

Thanks.

Hi.  Yes, you should be able to configure it to use the proper address.

Can you explore the settings and see if you can find that?

Thanks.

Where can I find this? Can you suggest how to do this?

Hi.  I was hoping you would be able to find it on your own.  Where did you look?

(not trying to be difficult but, if these settings are not easily found, we need to know)

Hi.  I was hoping you would be able to find it on your own.  Where did you look?

(not trying to be difficult but, if these settings are not easily found, we need to know)

No I agree with you that I should be able to find them, I was not home at the time when I asked. So something strange but good happened, the IP address corrected itself, I have no idea why. Now I am having another issue with both my ATV4k & Nvidia Shield TV, the app displays my name but then it just hangs & cannot connect. I will have a play with it & see what I can do, hopefully I should be able to fix it.

Any ideas on how to correct my problem?

Hi.  You have to find the proper local address for your server.  Sometimes Android creates "virtual" adapters that the server sees but isn't the true network connection.  Ensure the local address displayed on the dash is the correct one.

Connectivity

• 3 weeks later...

I think you will need to open up port 8096 on the Shield.

The port is open but the address is incorrect. When I entered the IP address of the shield I can configure things from a browser but I am having difficulty connecting to my home setup because the IP address is incorrect for my share. Is there a way to edit the share address or get the correct one to be displayed?