Nintendo Switch system type in Gamebrowser

mandalorian2

mandalorian2

Could we get the Nintendo Switch System type added to GameBrowser? It seems to be the only major system missing. The common filetypes are ".xci" (cartridge image) and ".nsp" (installer/executable).

mandalorian2

There's a few in the works, but I'm actually wanting it as a tool for browsing and downloading files onto a jailbroken Switch.

Spaceboy

There's a few in the works, but I'm actually wanting it as a tool for browsing and downloading files onto a jailbroken Switch.

can I ask how have you jailbroken your switch and what can you now do with it?

Spaceboy

I used xecuter's NX OS https://sx.xecuter.com

There are some freeware alternatives as well but NX OS is worth it imo. It lets you use homebrew apps and use dumps of commercial game cartridges (that you legally obtained of course [emoji6]).

All firmware versions are supported but Nintendo did implement a hardware patch on consoles made after June 2018 so double check you S/N to make sure it's supported. https://team-xecuter.com/forums/threads/154355-GUIDE-How-to-know-if-a-Switch-is-currently-unhackable-%28August-2018%29

ive definitely had it longer than that so I will take a look. Ta

• 1 year later...
AngelaTurn

I really like this game! I'm still playing it though and currently, I have a 40 lvl.. Actually, I have been familiar with the Pokemon video game industry since it was released for the first time. I guess it was 1996.. At that time it was released a Nintendo 64 version of this game. I remember that when I was a child, I came across the small Nintendo store were was a Pokemon video game. The pic of the game has bought me, so I asked my father to buy this video game, as well as Nintendo 64. My father bought it for me!! At home, I've been played a lot in this game, However, when I get a lot older, my N64 got broken, but I'm using the emulator for the desktop PC and rom https://romsie.com/roms/nintendo-64 that can be downloaded for free!! This option gives me a chance to don't forget the nostalgia of your childhood, which I'm very glad too..

Edited by AngelaTurn

• 1 year later...
Sarakha63

Nintendo Switch is Still not in the liste After 2.5 years ! Almost 3 years

Emulator exists. But even without emulator. Why wouldnt we able to navigate trough our collection ?

Edited by Sarakha63

3 hours ago, Sarakha63 said:

Nintendo Switch is Still not in the liste After 2.5 years ! Almost 3 years

Emulator exists. But even without emulator. Why wouldnt we able to navigate trough our collection ?

HI, yes it's something that can be added. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Sarakha63
On 12/18/2021 at 2:38 AM, Luke said:

HI, yes it's something that can be added. Thanks.

How long will it take to add one line in configPage.html and a copy paste of 3 lines in EmuMoviesImageProvider ?

BillOatman

Just for completeness, there is a pull request in now to add the switch to this plugin.

BillOatman

@Luke merged my code into the main branch.  Not sure when it will (or maybe already has) show up in the plugin catalog.

• 1 year later...
MasterZZ
On 8/30/2020 at 5:02 PM, AngelaTurn said:

I really like this game! I'm still playing it though and currently, I have a 40 lvl.. Actually, I have been familiar with the Pokemon video game industry since it was released for the first time. I guess it was 1996.. At that time it was released a Nintendo 64 version of this game. I remember that when I was a child, I came across the small Nintendo store were was a Pokemon video game.

The pic of the game has bought me, so I asked my father to buy this video game, as well as Nintendo 64. My father bought it for me!! At home, I've been played a lot in this game, However, when I get a lot older, my N64 got broken, but I'm using the emulator for the desktop PC and rom that can be downloaded for free!! This option gives me a chance to don't forget the nostalgia of your childhood, which I'm very glad too..
Here are some Charizard Pokémon card pricing details https://collectorpricing.org/1999-charizard-pokemon-card/

It's nostalgic to hear about your experience with the Nintendo 64 version of the Pokémon game. It's always special when a game leaves such a lasting impression on us, especially from our childhood memories. It's unfortunate that your N64 broke, but it's great that you found a way to continue reliving those nostalgic moments through an emulator on your desktop PC. Websites like Romsie provide access to a wide range of ROMs, including Nintendo 64 games, allowing you to enjoy the games you love.

Revisiting games from our childhood can be a heartwarming experience, as they bring back fond memories and allow us to reconnect with the past. It's wonderful that you're able to preserve the nostalgia of your childhood through these means. Enjoy your continued Pokémon journey and the nostalgia it brings!