Mass Conversion Script To Avoid Transcode

gorgarp

This project is being abandoned in favor of Wolveix's. https://github.com/Wolveix/Plexus

Please visit his project to see any future work.

Hello,

I’m working on a little project to iterate through my NAS and convert all files that are not easily direct played through my Roku.

I’m posting it’s Github page here, in case it is of use to anyone else.

I’m very open to input, commits, suggestions, etc. I’d love for this to be useful to the community.

Edited by gorgarp
  • Like 1

I have not. Want to put in a feature request on github and I'll put it in the roadmap?

While I was to make this somewhat agnostic to server app (Sorry Luke!) we can always put in a prompt for:  If Emby >> do thing

• Like 1

SilverPeak

I think this script will be useful because there are no Video Conversion programs that give users easy selections of what needs to happen and also works through the SSH.

I've had to learn about ffmpeg & xbox one device formats + come up with code just to get something going! heres the code i've been using:

for f in *.mkv; do /root/ffmpeg-git-20181123-amd64-static/ffmpeg -i "$f" -c:v libx265 -c:a ac3 -preset medium "${f%.mkv}_output.mkv"; done

What i would suggest as improvement to your script is a design choice to make it like these GUI video converters that have a ton of options or better, evolve it into a script that just makes the user select the target device they wanna have the files compatible on. Keep a small database of popular devices like game consoles and the codec settings they accept and offer these as preset output formats.

Thanks!

Doesn't the PolyMorph plugin do this already?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Not many custom variables on PolyMorph. And in my case i have stuff i want to convert and stuff i do not want to convert.

I could use something like this to automatically convert media before i toss it into the emby library.