Auto-Orangize

gator99

gator99

So I was looking for a detailed instructions on the Auto-Organize feature and not sure how to use it.  

Currently I am recording TV from WMC and then using MCEBuddy to rename the files to their proper naming convention for MB.

I record TV on my SSD then after an hour after recording I am using "Recorded TV Manager" to move them to a standard Harddrive folder that is then scanned by MCE buddy and it renames the file and moves it to a "processed" folder in my RecordedTV folder.

What I was hoping was that Auto-Organize would scan this "processed" folder and then move them out of that folder to my series folders but I am not sure that is what Auto-Organize does.

I tried to set it up with my "processed" folder as the watched folder, but all it did was "copy" the shows into a subfolder that they were already in.

Sorry for the confusion, just can seem to get this correct.

ThePaladinTech

Why not just use MCEBuddy? I record with WMC - let MCEBuddy strip out commercials, convert to MKV, and move to my nas - In folders.  I'm keeping "auto-organize" to keep an eye on my "play-Later" recordings and moving the to my NAS.

ThePaladinTech

Well I may not be the best one to answer and Luke may jump in with a better answer...  But as I understand it:

auto-organize monitors ONE folder and looks for new recordings there, it then checks your library folders to see if there is an existing folder (with some metadata in it already) and then moves (or copies) the file there. 

From my limited experience if a properly named folder *with* metadata in it doesn't already exist, auto-organize will not act on that item.

EDIT: MCEbuddy on the other hand- can extract the existing metadata in your WTV file and use it to rename, and move your recordings, creating new folders if they do not exist.

Edited by ThePaladinTech

gator99

Thanks ThePaladinTech. I have had mcebuddy setup for a while but it was just moving the files into a folder then I moved it into my organized folders manually as I have played around with it enough to know how it interacted with existing meta data and folder structure. I will play with it some more.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ThePaladinTech

Re-reading your initial post. Not sure what or where "recorded TV manager" is.

My setup I have MCEBuddy looking right at my WMC Recordings folder. it is set to wait an hour before acting on the files.

MCEBuddy process the file and moves it from the WMC machine to my NAS storage - renaming and creating folders on the way. it is also set to extract the existing metadata.

Then next time MB3 does a scan it grabs posters and such.

When I get home tonight (5+ hours) - I'll look at my MCEBuddy settings and post an update for you.

*again* I'm sure there's a way to do this with MB3, just sharing what I've got working right now.

Jeff

Edited by ThePaladinTech

gator99

Before I had MCE buddy I was using recordedtv manager to move wtv files off my c drive which is a SSD. It runs as a device and have it set to move completes recordings every 30 minutes. To a specific folder then I have MCE Buddy process the name change. I probably should just let MCE Buddy do all that now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk