Empty Library

Embury5000

Embury5000

On my Apple TV, after the update to v4 of Emby, I am no longer able to see the content of my TV Shows library. I have tried rebooting the server, reinstalling the server, removing and reinstalling the app, removing and recreating the TV Shows library, and still cannot see anything. I am able to the content of a library if I choose the TV Shows and give it any other name.

Embury5000

Yes it does show correctly on the web app. In fact, it shows up correctly on Roku's, Amazon Fire TV, iOS, and Android; however, the issues persists across 3 Apple TV's I've tried it on, and those span 2 different models.

I am able to the content of a library if I choose the TV Shows and give it any other name.

Changing the name of the library is causing it to show on Apple TV?  Or, do you mean changing the type?

Is the whole library missing or just appears empty when you enter it?

What is the name that works/doesn't work?

Embury5000

Forgive me. I missed a word. I can retain the TV Show type for the library, and changing the name allows me to view this on my Apple TV.

The library will appear on all devices just fine, but when opening it on my Apple TV's it is empty.

So far I have found that TV Shows library type with the name TV Shows is the only combo that yields an "empty" library on my Apple TV's. Changing either, or both appears to get this to work just fine.

I also forgot to mention that this issue is present on both the current stable and beta releases of the Apple TV app.

Edited by Embury5000

Embury5000

FYI, after further testing this appears to be affecting only one account on my server. Signing in with a different account allows me to view the library correctly. Additionally, I have found that I can open TV Shows from the "Suggestions" screen, but the "Shows" and "Genres" screens do not show anything. Additionally, the search function within the library does work to find the show in question. I hope this helps.

My guess is it is an access setting based on the library ID which changes when you change the name.

It sounds like it is probably an upgrade anomaly of some sort.

Embury5000

Makes sense. Is there an easy way to get my watched history from that user so that I can recreate the user and then reimport that watched status?

Using the backup plugin, you can restore user data from one user into another, if that's what you want to do.