Emby fail to start

lgouraud

lgouraud

Hello

On my XPENOLOGY (DSM 5.2) emby was runing ok in 3. The upgrade to 4 was possible so I tried to upgrade.

Now it doesn't start.

I see errors in /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/logs/embysvr.stdout but dont' know what to do:

Error Main: UnhandledException
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.0.1.0
	Command line: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/server/EmbyServer.exe -package synology -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffprobe -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffdetect -restartexitcode 121
	Operating system: Unix 3.10.35.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: False
	Mono: 5.18.0.240 (tarball Fri Jan 18 10:51:45 UTC 2019)
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var
	Application directory: /volume2/@appstore/EmbyServer/releases/4.0.1.0
	System.Net.HttpListenerException: System.Net.HttpListenerException (0x80004005): Address already in use

I've tried to uninstall And Reinstall, with no more succes. I don't know what to do. Can you help me ?

PS: I've done a diag in attach files and a sendlog : sendlogs_NAS_synology_bromolow_3615xs_20190123T121322UTC.tgz

rundiags_20190123T120843UTC.log

Edited by lgouraud

solabc16

Hello @@lgouraud

Thanks for getting in touch and providing the logs. Have you tried restarting your NAS, then going to check the status in Package Center?

The error you highlighted above means that a process is already listening on that port, possibly another instance of Emby Server.

System.Net.HttpListenerException: System.Net.HttpListenerException (0x80004005): Address already in use

I have seen the occasional odd behaviour when starting/stopping with DSM 5.2 on XPEnology; especially after upgrading.

We do test on XPEnology systems running DSM 5.2, so we should be able to resolve this. Emby Server 4.0 does run on this platform.

Best

- James