Trakt

CBers

Hi Mark,

I remember mentioning this to you on the CT, but I can't find the post now, so thought I'd mention it again.

Whenever I post a server log to either these forums or the CT, I have to remove my encrypted (hashed) password for Trakt.tv.

Could it not be marked as HIDDEN instead in the logs please ??

I'm not sure what anyone could do with it, if anything, but thought I'd mention it again.

TIA.

If it's in the url he has no control over it. If you knew how difficult the encryption is to decrypt then you wouldn't be concerned.

Redshirt

I've been filtering this out of post data for about 2 months. Are you still seeing it?

This is what I am seeing in the server log:

2013-09-21 15:55:32.4700, Info, App, Url: http://api.trakt.tv/account/settings/77449c38c9f4f9b3cdb8d3f9ef0566b167a935eb
2013-09-21 15:55:32.4700, Info, App, Post Data: username=CBers&password=058156978097d6df369851f44e1fdf002b81a8dd

Redshirt

That guid is actually my devkey which the plugin is required to provide when making most calls. Your credentials are actually in the post data which should already be sanitized if shown in the logger.

That guid is actually my devkey which the plugin is required to provide when making most calls. Your credentials are actually in the post data which should already be sanitized if shown in the logger.

So the "058156978097d6df369851f44e1fdf002b81a8dd" string isn't my password then ??

Fair enough, I can ignore it from now on then.

Thanks Mark.

Redshirt

No that is your password hash. You updated your post :) 

Looking back through my code check-ins. It looks like I made the change a few months ago but didn't publish a build since. Try Trakt server 1.9.5012 and verify it's obfuscating the password.

Fyi, check the nuget package that just went up to make sure trakt isn't broken.

I had to split BaseItem.SetPlayedStatus into two separate methods - MarkPlayed, MarkUnplayed

No that is your password hash. You updated your post :) 

Had to go use a PC as can't do embedded postings from my tablet.

Looking back through my code check-ins. It looks like I made the change a few months ago but didn't publish a build since. Try Trakt server 1.9.5012 and verify it's obfuscating the password.

OK, will do.

• 1 month later...
Redshirt

Luke. What event should I be attaching a listener to to handle when a user manually marks something watched. I've looked through IUserManager, IUserDataManager, ILibraryManager and ISessionManager. None of them have an event that jumps out at me.