Playback Error No compatible streams are currently available.

Detail4687

electricwildflower

Had the same issue when helping a friend set up his truenas and adding Emby 4.5.4.0, it wouldn't play anything, the solution was to drop into a jail and then

PKG install ffmpeg 

Then a quick reboot of Emby and it solved the playback issue, just had to do it on my fresh install of Emby :) 

Paulshelling

I have this issue when my Emby server stops running, check this if you're having the same issue.

• 5 weeks later...
kabilos

I am just recently starting to have this issue.  I've had it happen on a few movies, but this one in particular keeps giving me hell.  I've wiped the cache and metadata and tried to reboot the server and that did not fix it.

Let me know if there is something I need to provide beyond the logs. 

Server: Windows Server 2012
16GB Ram
Emby Server: 4.6.2.0

embyserver.txt embyserver-63758576021.txt ffmpeg-transcode-23650207-c6ff-46a1-a114-9bebc9ca0a23_1.txt hardware_detection-63758576041.txt

Hi, It doesn't look like Chasing Amy even started to transcode.  Have you tried playing this file back outside of Emby to very it's good and not corrupted?

51 minutes ago, kabilos said:

I am just recently starting to have this issue.  I've had it happen on a few movies, but this one in particular keeps giving me hell.  I've wiped the cache and metadata and tried to reboot the server and that did not fix it.

Let me know if there is something I need to provide beyond the logs. 

Server: Windows Server 2012
16GB Ram
Emby Server: 4.6.2.0

embyserver.txt 178.4 kB · 0 downloads embyserver-63758576021.txt 489.86 kB · 0 downloads ffmpeg-transcode-23650207-c6ff-46a1-a114-9bebc9ca0a23_1.txt 9.93 kB · 1 download hardware_detection-63758576041.txt 126.86 kB · 0 downloads

As a test if you disable subtitles prior to playing, does it play?

kabilos

I was launching on Emby from a web browser, typically I run it through Emby on my Roku stick.   I did try launching the file from the folder and it did play as suggested by Cayars. 

The file launches just fine using Windows Media Player.  Just throws the error when I try launching it through Emby. 

@Luke I did disable subtitles and it did launch through Emby.  Although I'm not sure why there are subtitles for this film as it's in English and there is an English Sub file.

6-6-2021 6-40-24 PM.jpg

Edited by kabilos

Thanks for that info.

What type of subs does this movie have?  Are they internal or external?
What type?

Try renaming that files extension from .sub to .srt and rescan it in.

Does that fix the problem?

kabilos

Doesn't seem to have prevented it from playing.  Deleted the meta data after renaming the file, recreated the meta data and also restarted the server.  File seems to be playing normal. 

I think I'll just keep the file deleted as I have no need for subtitles in this movie and will keep an eye on future events like this happening and see if it's the subtitles file causing the issue.

Thanks for the assist! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What does the Media Info look like for this piece of media?
Can you get this info at the bottom of the detail screen for the media.

The log you posted in the other thread is showing errors for the media:

ffprobe failed for file:"D:\UTORRENT\MOVIES\Fatherhood.2021.1080p.WEBRip.x264.AAC5.1-[YTS.MX].mp4" - streams and format are both null: 

So either you don't have access to the media or the media is corrupt (most likely).

Does it playback in VLC or other player?

Happy2Play

@kamilon50please follow your other topic as it is easier to track and respond to a issue in one topic.

Mkilbride

I just started getting this after I installed Emby Theater(Microsoft Store) versions on my PC, which is also my Desktop.  Now it seems no external devices can find anything. So I uninstalled Emby Theater(Microsoft Store) and it's still not working. It's only happening on the latest stuff I downloaded, apparently.

Edited by Mkilbride

55 minutes ago, Mkilbride said:

I just started getting this after I installed Emby Theater(Microsoft Store) versions on my PC, which is also my Desktop.  Now it seems no external devices can find anything. So I uninstalled Emby Theater(Microsoft Store) and it's still not working. It's only happening on the latest stuff I downloaded, apparently.

Open a new thread for you issue as it's likely different then the one here.

• 1 month later...
tome0703

Hello.

I wanted to test the Emby and installed this on me inem Synology NAS (DS 213+)

The setup was easy going and everything seems to work flawless.

However, when I want to start a movie or TV series, I get the following error message:

No compatible streams are ccurently available

I have tried to do this from several different clients (Windows via Browser, Smartphone App, Windows Store App, LG Smart TV), without any success.

All clients are inside the same subnet.

In general, it seems like everything is very sluggish and slow. The image buildup in the movies takes a very long time.
Could it be that my NAS is already too weak for this?

The media data resides on the same Raid 1 volume as the Emby server (@Synology NAS). Could this be the problem?

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-9f22ed25-1854-43aa-a97a-7b5727643817_1.txt hardware_detection-63764649932.txt

• 1 month later...
SiRkNiGhT115

Hello,

i did pkg install ffmpeg and this fix my problem !! Thanks to one of your user! i did this command in shell ! thanks again! this fix my problem.

7 hours ago, SiRkNiGhT115 said:

Hello,

i did pkg install ffmpeg and this fix my problem !! Thanks to one of your user! i did this command in shell ! thanks again! this fix my problem.

Can you describe what you have done exactly? Which commands?

Thanks

• 3 months later...
PepperJackson

I realize this may be an old topic, however, all of the tweaking of the band with, I believe is wrong. The problem exists in file naming. Make sure that your files are properly named so that they can be read by the server correctly. Particularly if you are streaming complete series of shows. They should be properly numbered and labeled so they can be picked up correctly.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
Bolo Popo

Just updated the plugin on TrueNAS and I'm getting this issue. I've tried suggestions from the first 3 pages of the thread then got tired by the 4th page...

How do I 'wipe the cache'?

I've tried updating, re-scanning, rebooting, update metadata, etc.

embyserver.txt

Edited by Bolo Popo
Adding log file