Playback Error No compatible streams are currently available.

Detail4687

Detail4687

I'm not totally sure what you mean, but here is a screenshot. The "x" are those that don't play

5c6f820ee1b3a_Screenshot2.png

Detail4687

No, there isn't!  And the ones that do play correctly, DO have a path!

Could this be the problem? How would this sort of bad magic happen? How to fix?

thanks!

Detail4687

Ok, I tried moving another video in the folder and it worked. Then I moved the non-playing files into my movies folder and it works. After some more troubleshooting I figured out that by moving all the concert videos into a "movie"-type folder (instead of the "concert"-type of the current folder) and they all worked!

In addition, I was having a problem of the concerts being misidentified, and that has now been fixed.

So, consider this to be Solved.

thanks for your help!

• 4 months later...

I am also seeing this issue with a newly created Music Video library.

I have noted that the ones that work list a file location in the details yet the ones that do not work have no listed file path.

I am also seeing this issue with a newly created Music Video library.

I have noted that the ones that work list a file location in the details yet the ones that do not work have no listed file path.

Hi, this is resolved in the upcoming 4.2 release. It will require removing your music video library from Emby Server, running a full scan to clear it out of the database, and then adding it back. Thanks.

Rad! Nice Work mate.

Also I just read page two of this, seems you guys figured it out before I posted. I also came to the conclusion after re-creating the library as a different type.  

Edited by DUG

• 3 weeks later...
ryanvesely

Just wanted to add to this, I just upgraded to 4.2.0.40 and it broke my database... I have removed one folder and recreated it which makes that section work. It seems that most of the areas of my database are broken to the point of doing the same to everything. 

Just wanted to add to this, I just upgraded to 4.2.0.40 and it broke my database... I have removed one folder and recreated it which makes that section work. It seems that most of the areas of my database are broken to the point of doing the same to everything. 

@@ryanvesely why do you feel this way exactly? what exactly happened? Please see how to report a problem. thanks !

• 1 month later...
quackpipe

FYI, I'm experiencing this with all media files viewing from all platforms.  So I'm on a windows server and viewing and 2x Roku TVs, an iPhone and an iPad. The rokus stop at "Retrieving" and the iphones spin for a second when I hit play then do nothing. I'm going to try rescanning the library and I'll try moving files and moving them back. 

quackpipe

Well ... I'm an idiot.  Looks like my drive died.  RIP 2TB of data.

FYI, I'm experiencing this with all media files viewing from all platforms.  So I'm on a windows server and viewing and 2x Roku TVs, an iPhone and an iPad. The rokus stop at "Retrieving" and the iphones spin for a second when I hit play then do nothing. I'm going to try rescanning the library and I'll try moving files and moving them back. 

• 1 month later...
musictalks

I have had this 'no compatible streams' error for over a month. It only seems to affect the recorded tv shows from media centre (via ServerWMC plugin). I'm stumped as I have tried all the solutions and suggestions from this, and other, posts and sites.

Any insight would be appreciated. (log file attached)

embyserver.txt

I have had this 'no compatible streams' error for over a month. It only seems to affect the recorded tv shows from media centre (via ServerWMC plugin). I'm stumped as I have tried all the solutions and suggestions from this, and other, posts and sites.

Any insight would be appreciated. (log file attached)

@@musictalks this is a known problem right now when using recorded tv with the server wmc plugin. For now the best workaround is to add your recordings folder to Emby Server as a regular Emby library.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
leeknight1981

Hiya Me again lol 

I Am having this issue - No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

It is happening on Stand Up Comedy and some Tv Shows I have checked, My bother messaged me saying he having an issue so I have tried myself and I get the same error. Do I delete the library and recreate it? don't fancy doing that with 15TB Tv Shows folder 

I am not at home but have remote access to try upload the logs but there are .h264 issues in there ill attach a shot and then upload the actual logs 

TIA

L33

post-303960-0-74635800-1577208163_thumb.png

post-303960-0-47394900-1577208897_thumb.png

ffmpeg-directstream-1b60d6ea-1761-46e4-95ef-755fad1181d6_1.txt

hardware_detection-63712786152.txt

Edited by leeknight1981

Hiya Me again lol 

I Am having this issue - No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

It is happening on Stand Up Comedy and some Tv Shows I have checked, My bother messaged me saying he having an issue so I have tried myself and I get the same error. Do I delete the library and recreate it? don't fancy doing that with 15TB Tv Shows folder 

I am not at home but have remote access to try upload the logs but there are .h264 issues in there ill attach a shot and then upload the actual logs 

TIA

L33

What platform are you running Emby Server on? How did you install?

leeknight1981

What platform are you running Emby Server on? How did you install?

UnRaid 6.8.0 using Docker! Dell R720XD twin e5 V2 2667 3.3GHz 128GB DDR 3 1333MHz 1.35v Gtx 1050Ti. Been running plex for many years and Iv decided to move over to Emby full time so having a few teething problems. I have changed the transcode from Automatic to Yes and it appears to have sorted it I Think Famous Last Words!

leeknight1981

You mean Advanced to Yes?

Sorry yes it was on advanced I have put it on Yes restarted the docker And now things that wouldn’t play now do

• 1 month later...
grantmeyer@hotmail.com

I am getting this error on multiple Tv episodes, where say episode 17 works 18 does not, and episode 19 works. My Apple TV is unable to play the file, and my iPad gives me the no compatible streams error. I am running Unraid with a docket. All my files have been transcoded via handbrake to the 1080 fast setting. This is my first issue with Emby so I will need some help getting the log files if those are needed.