Playback Error No compatible streams are currently available.

Detail4687

Detail4687

I get this error when trying to play a video: Playback Error No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

• Emby Server: Version 4.0.1.0
  • The video file is a .mp4 H264 (attached screenshot of details).
  • The error occurs when i try to play it on the following:
    • in Chrome on the Windows Server machine
    • Chromebook on the local network
    • Android Emby app (Android 9).
    • Roku
  • Other videos in the same folder play correctly, so I don't think it is a permissions issue or that the server can't find the file (these seem to be common reasons for this error).
  • No other files that I have tried have this problem.
  • The video plays fine on my windows machine using VLC, Windows Media Player and the built-in "Movies & TV" app,

I've attached what I hope to be the correct log file. I tried playing on the Chromebook and Android both at about 22:19.

thank you for any help!

post-412352-0-00105200-1548225048_thumb.png

2019-01-22 21 59 41 442 Info Main Application pat.txt

post-412352-0-66353700-1548225109_thumb.png

Detail4687

I'm embarrassed to say I don't know where that setting is? (I don't remember adjusting a setting like this).

In the Emby Server dashboard under Advanced, it would be this one:

Internet streaming bitrate limit (Mbps):

An optional per-stream bitrate limit for all out of network devices. This is useful to prevent devices from requesting a higher bitrate than your internet connection can handle. This may result in increased CPU load on your server in order to transcode videos on the fly to a lower bitrate.

Detail4687

I have a few other files (new ones) that have the same error.

THree total.

It's seems the ones that do not play have the H264 banner across the top. The ones that DO play have BlueRay banner at the top.

Does this help?

5c4837627d5e5_Screenshot20190123at014221

Can you enable debug logging under the Logs section, restart the server, then repeat the test and attach a new log? thanks.

Detail4687

Strange. I rebooted Emby and now the files play!

I'll keep an eye on it and report back if it stops working.

thanks for your help Luke.

Detail4687

Happened again.  The videos that have "BluRay" banner across the top play fine. The ones that have "H-264" do not.

I enabled logs, restarted server, played one that was fine, played one that wasn't, one that was fine, then another that was not.

Log attached.

Log.txt

Detail4687

Anoter thing I noticed..... I tried downloading (not syncing) the videos to my Android app.  The ones that don't play, also don't downloas (Android notification "Download Unsccessful"), while the ones that do play, also download successfully.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's focus on the web app on the local machine. Can you attach a server log file containing a playback attempt from that? In addition, can you also attach the contents of the chrome browser debug console? Thanks !

Well the ffmpeg log doesn't belong to this session. That actually appears to be successful, at least as far as the transcoding process is concerned.

Are you running the web app in incognito mode?