Library scan hangs

jspmiller
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Happy2Play

But the log currently show The Simpsons being processed for interval image in this library ( /movies/Tv Shows (Sourced) ).

I don't know is toggling the option will stop the process already running.  Is every library that contains this option set to never?

Have you restarted Emby after making changes?

Post another server log for the next library scan.

leeknight1981
4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

But the log currently show The Simpsons being processed for interval image in this library ( /movies/Tv Shows (Sourced) ).

I don't know is toggling the option will stop the process already running.  Is every library that contains this option set to never?

Have you restarted Emby after making changes?

Post another server log for the next library scan.

I don't know is toggling the option will stop the process already running.  Is every library that contains this option set to never? Generate video preview thumbnails: NEVER in all! is that Right? whats the recommend'd options 

Have you restarted Emby after making changes? Yes 

Post another server log for the next library scan.Yes its just scanning now and ill pop it in :)

The Server is a Dell R720XD with 2 x E5 2667 v2 3.30GHz - 64GB DDR3 Server RAM 2 x 1TB SSD in Cache Pool and app data also on an SSD so i would hope theres enough power and speed to fly these process's threw internets 900 down 220 up Storage array 56TB all 7200RPMs. Like i say it has been running sweet until today So i am just trying to understand why its started playing up? what the best options for the library settings Thumbnails, 10 seconds or chapter markers etc as id like the best experience possible.

Many thanks for the help 

Lee

embyserver (1).txt

Happy2Play

Don't think I have ever seen this but I am guessing specific to your library settings.

2020-12-14 22:35:08.061 Debug App: Refreshing Episode /movies/Tv Shows (Sourced)/The Brittas Empire/Series 1/The Brittas Empire - S01E06 - Assassin.avi due to configured automatic refresh interval

Do you have the library automatic refresh option enabled?

After the initial import, automatically refresh metadata from the internet:

Enabling this option may result in significantly longer library scans.

leeknight1981
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Don't think I have ever seen this but I am guessing specific to your library settings.

Do you have the library automatic refresh option enabled?

After the initial import, automatically refresh metadata from the internet:

Enabling this option may result in significantly longer library scans.

In TV Shows its set to 30 days 

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, leeknight1981 said:

I don't know is toggling the option will stop the process already running.  Is every library that contains this option set to never? Generate video preview thumbnails: NEVER in all! is that Right? whats the recommend'd options 

As for interval images it is totally up to you as they are the skip forward and backward images shown in client/app.  But if you have a issue with them I would set the preference and set the task to run at a low usage time.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, leeknight1981 said:

In TV Shows its set to 30 days 

So your entire library is reprocessed every 30 day and as the noted shows will slow scanning.  Everything so far is running by design.

Edited by Happy2Play

Yes, you're getting what you asked for. I would either turn that feature off, or just be patient and allow the scan to finish.

leeknight1981
4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

So your entire library is reprocessed every 30 day and as the not shows will slow scanning.  Everything so far is running by design.

In all honesty it comes from laziness i guess and time as i work like 70 hours a week! i was a Plex user for many many years but decided id had enough so i come here as its Far Superior lol i set emby up using my own thoughts and its been A - OK so far but its the little niggles i just don't get time to investigate as long as it works i leave alone lol i only mess when it does what its done today. With Time off coming up i may have a play and actually take the time to go threw it all and set it up correctly So and pointers to get the best user experience would be much appreciated, Power and Storage no real issue i only have family and 4 friends on here so. 

TIA

Lee    

leeknight1981
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes, you're getting what you asked for. I would either turn that feature off, or just be patient and allow the scan to finish.

HI Luke do you Ever sleep lol yea sorry its been a long day i added a show and it wasn't showing up and scanning just stuck I "Assumed" it was stuck and wouldn't run  it would keep getting stuck but didn't know why. Just wanted to watch the show during my shift lol is there like a guide to set up libraries to get the best out of the media, hardware and Look of emby ?

Cheers Guy's 

Lee 

PS

or just be patient and allow the scan to finish. Iv never in 2 years waited this long for the scan to complete its done in like 3-4 minuets 

Edited by leeknight1981

Happy2Play

Well you can restart Emby or stop the task and do a Scan on said show.

Normally it would take 3-4 minutes but with that setting Emby is reprocessing that entire library every 30 days and you happened to notice it now.  Disable the setting and you should be back to your minutes scan or allow it to finish and you will be good for another 30 days.

leeknight1981
5 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Well you can restart Emby or stop the task and do a Scan on said show.

Normally it would take 3-4 minutes but with that setting Emby is reprocessing that entire library every 30 days and you happened to notice it now.  Disable the setting and you should be back to your minutes scan or allow it to finish and you will be good for another 30 days.

Awesome lad's its appeared! Yay i break up Friday so i will go into the settings and investigate etc and hopefully get it all set up right but when you work 16 hour day's last thing i wanna do is sit and fiddle lol. You boy's are so much Nicer than the Plex Dev's 

Thanks Again :)

Lee