Set Specific Locations for DVR Recording Storage After Recording

Carlo

I would love to have a new feature built into DVR.  Essentially it would allow the admin to select where the media is saved to after recording is finished.  It would record as normal but then when complete move the movie/show to the specified location. 

This would solve a lot of problems.

First combined with the the new Folder Based Access Control this would allow recording to be seen after recording by only the users the admin has given access to.  No more would everyone have to see the cooking shows, reality TV or kids shows.  So if only one person in the house has "odd tastes" in shows that no one else is interested in then only they need to see this content thanks to Folder Based Access Control.

Second, this would be of help to those who record sports and like to keep these shows separate from their normal TV Shows in some type of Sports Library.  Right now we don't have a meta-provider for this info but since we do have the meta-data provided by Gracenote (or other EPG supplier) we would have this info that would get moved to the new library.

Third, the "move directory" could be used for specific show identity.  Right now there are a few shows that get "confused".  The Flash is one of them.  If you had 4 different version of Flash it would no longer matter because the specific Series setup to record would get "locked" to the parent folder of the series the admin knows is correct!

Forth, it would allow the use of faster, smaller SSDs for recording because the admin would be able to set this up to move to a final destination after the recording is complete.

This move should take place AFTER any post processing scripts run.  This way if the admin has setup commercial cutting or conversion that would take place before the move.

I'm sure there would be other great uses of this as well.

Carlo

Guess it depends on the implementation of the others.

My way no change would be needed on any clients as the recording would function as is.  It will still support post processing as usual but just ads a MOVE when post processing is done.  Once it's moved to a movie or show library then the client will be able to access it there.

I also would recommend using the destination path as the way to identify what series it is which is handy for things like "The Flash" which Emby often times gets wrong due to the data we get from the EPG sources.

I guess other than that it's really the same, so feel free to lock this if you like.