Small Black Square

phreatic

FrostByte

If your file has both you can choose the one you want by clicking the [cc] button.  Or mark the text based ones default or forced and change your settings so Emby always chooses the one you want

There is also an option on the server to convert pgs to text on the fly to avoid transcoding.  Look in the Transcoding options on the server toward the bottom

There's also a subtitle plugin to search for subs. 

Other than that I think you would have to convert subs on your own.

• 4 months later...

Emby for Samsung Tizen 1.0.61 has been released for 2015-2019 models. Please try it out and stay tuned to the blog for release notes. Thanks !

• 1 month later...

I can report the same issue(s):

1) On Samsung Tizen (Q7FN 2018 model) subtitles have a black boxed background with an opacity of about 0.7, so its not solid black but a bit transparent, and if no text is to be displayed it has a small squarish box as shown by @@phreatic. (DirectPlay)

2) On the web client subtitles have a full solid black boxed background, and they are located at the bottom edge, no padding whatsoever. (DirectStream)

3) On the iOS (iPhone) client subtitles are shown as expected, with no background (full transparent) and all how it should be. (DirectPlay)

The media file is a h264 with SUBRIB (embedded .srt into mkv container) subtitle.

All server/client apps are the current official release versions available.

Edited by af2k
  • Like 1

FrostByte

Are you on v.62 USB?  I'll try embedded SRT to see if I get that.  I don't get this with external SRT files anymore which was fixed in .61

• Like 1

Yes, I'm on v.62 USB.

I don't have a external sub (.srt) file right now, I need to test it later with a movie that doesn't have black borders up/down, otherwise you don't see the box :)

FrostByte

Okay, I have some episodes of GoT which are full screen and will remux the srt inside the mkv

FrostByte

Yes, I can duplicate what af2k sees.  Internal SRT has a black box around subs and once it starts the black box never goes away even after the subs are done. 

@SamES fixed this same issue though with external SRT files somewhere between .29 and .61.  External SRT now have a transparent background with a slight outline around letters which you can't see when subs are done.

server 4.2.0.30 beta

app 1.0.62 USB

5d3457fced09f_subs.jpg

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1