Which package to use on QNAP TS-128A

eHxBes

I currently have Emby 3.5.2 installed on my TS-128a. It was installed from the QNAP Club. If I understand correctly, this is not an official package from the Emby team and they recommend we use the official one, which is what I've been trying to do for a while now. Also, I cannot access any movie overview, which is another reason I want to move to the official package.

I'm trying to install QNAP ARM X41 from https://emby.media/nas-server.html, which I believe should work with the TS-128a, but everytime I try to install it I get an error saying the package is not compatible. I believe I also tried the ARM64 version.

Is there something I'm doing that's wrong? I was not able to install it even before installing QMono and the Club release.

I did and it didn't work. I uninstalled 3.5.2 and ran the ARM64 4.1.0.1 install which was successful this time around.

However, now all of my apps are gone and it displays a message saying I do not have any apps installed... I don't even see Emby in the list... what the hell?

The apps that were installed on the NAS, including Emby... now even after installing the Emby package it says I don't have any apps installed

Nothing... and I've tried to restart and shutdown the NAS this morning and now I cannot access the NAS software anymore... even the network drive itself isn't accessible. It's almost like it completely erased everything.

I have tried to reinitialize the NAS and it doesn't work. Still can't access anything. I will try a factory reset at this point... but I may have to format the drive and lose all my files.

EDIT:

Hard Reset makes me able to access the NAS again. I have relocated my files and wondering if I should try to install the package again. If I run into the same issue, which steps would you like me to take? I had no errors, nothing in system logs either.

Want me to record the process? Lol

Edited by eHxBes

Sure. This sounds like a QNAP problem to so i have a feeling we'll just wind up sending it to them. Thanks.

Tried it tonight... it seems I can reproduce the issue while using Firefox Quantum but with Chrome it installs just fine. I guess if any of you run into the same issue, use Chrome :)

Edited by eHxBes